Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BAS: Battered associate syndrome  (Read 2096 times)

klinex

• View Profile
Re: BAS: Battered associate syndrome
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 06:15:38 AM »
whoa ..

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 11:12:24 AM »

Remember, a firm's reputation and goodwill is its most valuable asset, and firms steer clear of those candidates who may jeopardize it.

they would be better served to steer clear of behaviors that undermine it

homosexual congress

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 06:43:26 PM »
Could you elaborate a bit?
If all Jews are bankers, then how can they be Communists too?

lawrenc

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 08:45:44 PM »

ism, it takes a long time to detox from law school, let alone the legal profession. Law is like drugs, once you get in it's very difficult to overcome the addiction. I'd suppose there are not "law traits," in the precise meaning of the term, but you can become used to certain ways of thinking and acting, just like you "learn" patterns of acting when on drugs. Let's assume for the purposes of this discussion that there's a certain way of acting that you display when high on a drug. In case you perceive that way of conducting as "cool" you remember it afterwards and you may well "replay" it when you're not on the drug again. Similarly, consciously or unconsciously you may continue to think/act in the law school manner even if you do not attend law school anymore and don't even interact with law students (online communication with law students, as on this website, does not count as "interaction" as the effect is too remote). I think a relatively long period of time has to elapse before you become "normal" again.

detox from law school my ass! Dump the f**cking female dog and that's it!

coldturkey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 09:03:22 PM »
??

qmo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »

Natalia is so funny throughout the entire movie - here it is another one:

Sally: I saw a film the other day about syphilis. Ugh! It was too awful. I couldn't let a man touch me for a week. Is it true you can get it from kissing?
Fritz: Oh, yes. And your king, Henry VIII, got it from Cardinal Wolsey whispering in his ear.
Natalia: That is not, I believe, founded in fact. But from kissing, most decidedly; and from towels, and from cups.
Sally: And of course screwing.
Natalia: Screw-ing, please?
Sally: Oh, uh...[thinking]
Sally: fornication.
Natalia: For-ni-ca-tion?
Sally: Oh, uh, Bri, darling, what is the German word?
Brian Roberts: I don't remember.
Sally: [thinking] Oh... um... oh yes!
Brian Roberts: Oh, no...
Sally: Bumsen!
Natalia: [appalled] Oh.
Brian Roberts: That would be the one German word you pronounce perfectly.
Sally: Well, I ought to. I spent the entire afternoon bumsening like mad with this ghastly old producer who promised to get me a contract.[pause]
Sally: Gin, Miss Landauer?

I find it a bit unusual that major producers would go to a place like KitKat (but apparently they did), so that Sally could hope to get a big movie contract just like that, by means of just a @ # ! * - or "bumsening" as she calls it - I guess, it's more like "wishful thinking" on her part! Maybe just one more sex act for her?!

Flatbush - Sally's character in Cabaret is not so much about demonstrating how one @ # ! * s her way up the social ladder - it is more of a statement on sexual fulfillment, the little things in life we tend not to place value on, until they're not any more available to us.

Remember, the story takes place in Berlin, just before the Nazis would come in power and do what they did, with everything and everyone.

"Polymorphous sexuality," I believe, is the term to indicate that the new direction of progress would depend completely on the opportunity to activate repressed/arrested organic, biological needs: to make the human body an instrument of pleasure rather than labor.

Sally appears to be an embodiment of such kind of sexuality, with the obvious stress she's putting on her sexual needs being fulfilled, rather on the money she's making using it (her father was an sort-of-ambassador, was he not?!) 

So I guess, making body an instrument of pleasure, rather than labor!

IrrX

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • You find yourself in a very actionable position.
    • View Profile
    • Smith
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »
Stop. Crossposting. From. Closed. Threads.

They are closed for a reason, namely that they are inappropriate. I'm going to start handing out IP bans if you don't stop.
Note: Insults made by me apply to everything associated with the people and ideas being insulted, except for other people.

Quote from: IamAnXMan
IRRX, it seems you enjoy provocation and antagonism.