Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I AM A LAW CHOOL STUDENT IN CHINA  (Read 924 times)

Remember

• View Profile
I AM A LAW CHOOL STUDENT IN CHINA
« on: May 19, 2006, 09:40:17 AM »
i am a law school student in china,and i found this forum when i was trying to get information about how to apply American law school.

I am a girl, i like music and soccer game, so i am getting excited as the World Cup is coming.

my english is not as perfect as you, but i am very interested in American law, and nice to meet you all here.

SymphonyOfDreams

• View Profile
Re: I AM A LAW CHOOL STUDENT IN CHINA
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »
I'm a lawyer in the Dominican Republic, I'm currently doing a Corporate Business Law masters, after I finish that and then get through a business economics and accounting for lawyers masters I'm planning to go and do a final masters in the US... so welcome to the forum, I just thought it was good for you to know, that you are not the only non-american here.  :)

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 04:28:52 AM »
i am a law school student in china,and i found this forum when i was trying to get information about how to apply American law school.

I am a girl, i like music and soccer game, so i am getting excited as the World Cup is coming.

my english is not as perfect as you, but i am very interested in American law, and nice to meet you all here.
Welcome. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the chinese system of law education.

Remember

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 06:52:38 AM »
i am go glad you said welcome. that is important.^_^

In China, law education starts from undergraduate years, that means we could choose law major in our college.all courses are to be finished within 3-6years ( 4 is normal)then a bachlor's degree is granted. we have law juresprudence, constitution, legal history ,civil law in the first year. and other courses would be arranged within next 3 years. i think the most important difference between Chinese and American law education is teaching method. case law method is rarely used here(though a few law school is trying it),we use analysis method instead. that means, profs emphazise theoratical  and statutory matters more than specific cases.

Remember

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 06:53:58 AM »
i am go glad you said welcome. that is important.^_^

In China, law education starts from undergraduate years, that means we could choose law major in our college.all courses are to be finished within 3-6years ( 4 is normal)then a bachlor's degree is granted. we have law juresprudence, constitution, legal history ,civil law in the first year. and other courses would be arranged within next 3 years. i think the most important difference between Chinese and American law education is teaching method. case law method is rarely used here(though a few law school is trying it),we use analysis method instead. that means, profs emphazise theoratical  and statutory matters more than specific cases.

Toogie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »
I'm an American student going to study law in France.

SymphonyOfDreams

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »
I'm an American student going to study law in France.

Now why on earth would you want to do that?!?

French system is laaaaaaame... trust I've been under it since forever...

silvercannonca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »
come on, can't we have a discussion without criticizing everyone?