Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Encouragement needed  (Read 4948 times)

lawdaddy

• View Profile
Encouragement needed
« on: May 18, 2006, 04:17:54 PM »
My daughter wrote this:  Send replies to TheMistyCat@hotmail.com or visit
http://themistycat.blogware.com and reply.

"If anyone who is in law school or has been to law school reads this blog, I need immediate orders to continue working on my Journal admission article because it's very important to be on the Journal and I would be crazy for passing up the opportunity, because I am seconds away from tossing the whole thing in the trash and never thinking about it again.  Who needs the stupid law Journal?  I know that I have to give Austin employers every reason to hire me over a UT grad, but being this miserable can't seriously be a requirement.  This is horrible."

lincolnsgrandson

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Encouragement needed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 07:09:05 AM »
This is pathetic.  If it's so upsetting for your daughter to put in time, effort, and work, then nobody should hire her as a lawyer.  IF you're paying for her law school education, you're getting suckered. 

Backpack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 09:16:02 AM »
Wow... to have never hit the proverbial wall, must be nice.  I think it's a nice thing her father has done.

Remember

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 09:32:19 AM »
i think i am lucky to be a law school student in China rather than in America, because we are comparatively much less pressured.
anyway, trying to adapt yourself to reality is important,because it is difficult to have eviroment changed ,but you can change yourself to keep pace with it, and you would be happier to do so, at least not so tourtured.
 good luck

TheMistyCat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 11:47:22 AM »
This is pathetic.  If it's so upsetting for your daughter to put in time, effort, and work, then nobody should hire her as a lawyer.  IF you're paying for her law school education, you're getting suckered. 

I'm the daughter that wrote that post.

1. I'm 3rd in my class.
2. I'm on full tuition scholarship.
3. What the scholarship doesn't cover I pay for myself.
4. I was one of 15 people chosen out of over 100 for the school's Mock Trial team, which is a committment equal in hours and work to Journal.
5. So I think not enjoying Journal doesn't make me a bad person.

What have you done lately?

I'm sure you'll reply and just say I'm bragging.  But anyone as judgmental, shortsighted and inflammatory as you should never be a lawyer either. Seems you're missing the basic humanity and openmindedness it takes to make an effective client advocate (evidenced by your negative 14 reputation rating...). 

jt3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 11:54:51 AM »

I'm the daughter that wrote that post.

1. I'm 3rd in my class.
2. I'm on full tuition scholarship.
3. What the scholarship doesn't cover I pay for myself.
4. I was one of 15 people chosen out of over 100 for the school's Mock Trial team, which is a committment equal in hours and work to Journal.
5. So I think not enjoying Journal doesn't make me a bad person.

What have you done lately?

I'm sure you'll reply and just say I'm bragging.  But anyone as judgmental, shortsighted and inflammatory as you should never be a lawyer either. Seems you're missing the basic humanity and openmindedness it takes to make an effective client advocate (evidenced by your negative 14 reputation rating...). 

What law school do you go to? St. Mary's?

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »
She has nice unmentionables.

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 01:15:17 PM »
Unfortunately, if you are looking for encouragement you came to the wrong place.  This forum is completely unmoderated from what I can tell, and it attracts a lot of people who feel the need to put others down.

thelaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 02:48:23 PM »
Unfortunately, if you are looking for encouragement you came to the wrong place.  This forum is completely unmoderated from what I can tell, and it attracts a lot of people who feel the need to put others down.

thats too bad

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 04:23:12 PM »

It's human nature to complain about doing tedious work. Everyone from Harvard's number 1 grad at Sullivan to a T4 last in class complains about doing the write-on since they have just finished studying for finals. Cut her a break.