Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help with Trasferring/Do I have a shot?  (Read 3798 times)

Krisace

• View Profile
Re: Help with Trasferring/Do I have a shot?
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 12:12:52 AM »
C'mon guys you've got to be kidding me. Believe me I was filled with angst not knowing what type of transfer situation I faced with the grades that I received last year.  And who knows better than those who have transferred. Trnsferring is a life-changing thing and don't fault someone for wanting to know what type of odds they face. Going to a guidance counselor under the circumstances seems rather inefficient don't you think? 

None of us know each other and therefore it's pointless to brag.  The posting of one's grades and GPA seems acceptable to me and those who have a problem with it should just move on to the next post. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »

None of us know each other and therefore it's pointless to brag.

Well, this isn't quite true...

Texas

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where's the library?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 09:47:17 PM »
  The posting of one's grades and GPA seems acceptable to me and those who have a problem with it should just move on to the next post. 

TITCR

Esp. when transferring - head over to Transferapps - and everyone posts their numbers - in fact when someone doesn't, the rest of the posters ask for their numbers - even if it is a worthless exercise, everyone wants to get a feel for where they stand, where they should apply, and what their chances are...

tinyandi

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84/157; BA & MA from UPenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 09:11:42 PM »
For those seeking *information* and wanting to know chances/notifications from schools, Berkeley called me today.  And I know another guy from another forum that got a call from Berkeley as well.  If you are thinking of Berkeley, send your app out right away, because they are reviewing on a rolling basis.

I hope this helps, for those seeking information. :-)
Attending: Emory
In: UF, UM
Wailisted: ND (Group 1), Berkeley (Group 1)
Rejections: GW, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tinyandi