Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: West Chester  (Read 4660 times)

oulguy3

• View Profile
West Chester
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »
Does anyone know about living in West Chester PA?  I will be attending Villanova and my wife will be working.  How bad is the commute to campus and what are the employment opportunities?  Thanks in advance.

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: West Chester
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:23:42 AM »
The commute is bad. I would not recommend living in West Chester if you can avoid it.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »
I agree.  If you could move further up 202 toward KoP, then you could take a side road to Rte 30, hang a left and then your at Villanova.

oulguy3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:09:17 PM »
Thanks for the info.  How about the La Maison Apts. is Wayne?  Is the commute ok?

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:24:13 PM »
Thanks for the info.  How about the La Maison Apts. is Wayne?  Is the commute ok?

Is that off of 30?

Kait

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:34 AM »
Hey, I'm a 2L at Nova. I live in La Maison in Wayne (lived there last year too). I love the apartments - they're spacious, clean, etc. The maintenance staff is really quick to resolve any issues, and snow is shoveled by the time you wake up in the morning.

The drive from there is nothing. It takes me 15 minutes max to get to school, but most days its not even 10. I had no trouble with it at all last year as a 1L. Also, I liked not being 2 seconds from school with all the other 1Ls in Home Properties of Bryn Mawr and Radnor House.

I definitely recommend La Maison.