Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would you rather be......  (Read 1752 times)

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Would you rather be......
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 04:19:31 AM »
If you were an incoming 1L, would you rather have a nice lsat (158) & poor gpa (2.5) , or low lsat (150) & high gpa (3.7)? Which group would be better off or have more of an edge?
It depends: if I'm already admitted, I wouldn't givr a damn.

parismiko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 04:19:25 PM »
I don't know that either in and of themselves are a predictor of law school success.  I think it is about the thinking/study/reading skills and endurance that got you there. All pretty easy so far? It's a crapshoot.  Had to work hard and had success - better odds

silvercannonca

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »
definately lsat.

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 03:40:46 PM »
You're right to a degree. There's not a huge difference in ability between someone with a 170 and 172, a 168 and a 170, or a 159 and 161, even though those small gaps have a major impact on the school you can get into. But I would bet in most cases, someone with a 144 LSAT (and there are many such people) won't do as well in law school as someone with a 170.

I don't know that either in and of themselves are a predictor of law school success.  I think it is about the thinking/study/reading skills and endurance that got you there. All pretty easy so far? It's a crapshoot.  Had to work hard and had success - better odds
Georgetown

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
In the admissions process, I'd rather have the higher LSAT.  After the admissions process, I'd rather have the higher GPA.

I'll never put down my LSAT score on any resumes for job applications.  I will put down my Undergraduate GPA and Law School GPA (presuming it is decent) on my resume.  So my GPA has much more long-term benefit.

bennybm

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »
High LSAT - I had a 2.4 UGPA and got into a T1.

Get LORs and write good essays.  A little graduate work never hurt your prospects either.  Best of luck.

In - GSU, UGA
Out - UF
Withdrawn - Memphis, Kentucky, South Carolina, Mercer, Samford, FSU