Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Iowa - Innov. Bus. & Law (please help)  (Read 3260 times)

Backpack

• View Profile
Iowa - Innov. Bus. & Law (please help)
« on: May 16, 2006, 07:20:18 PM »
Hey there...

First things first, I hope everyone is doing okay after the tornado...

Second, I'm wondering if anyone can offer any comments on Iowa's Innovation, Business, and Law program that I've read about.  I really want to study corporate law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions.  I've looked at the course listing on ISIS for the 05-06 academic year but didn't see the "takeovers, mergers, & acquisitions" course mentioned in the program brochure.  Has anyone taken this course or know anything about it - like when it was last offered?

I would also really appreciate any feedback about the quality of the corporate law-related courses.  I am totally stuck between Iowa and George Mason.  I would love it if someone could talk to some of the positive things about Iowa as Mason's course listing seems to have a wider variety of corporate law related classes, M&A in particular.

Thank you (SO MUCH) in advance for any help you can offer!!

Backpack

• View Profile
Re: Iowa - Innov. Bus. & Law (please help)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »
Also... what's this I'm hearing about a test at the end of orientation?  What material does it cover, just out of curiosity?

Backpack

• View Profile
Re: Iowa - Innov. Bus. & Law (please help)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:14:45 AM »
I'm on my way out to visit the school.  I haven't had much luck with UI posts, but just in case, does anyone know of a good place to stay?