Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: withdrawal  (Read 1013 times)

lawlessness

• View Profile
withdrawal
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:10:31 AM »
Hi

I just withdrew from law school due to personal reasons. I know that if someone is disqualified they have to wait 2 years until they apply to another law school. Is this the same for someone who withdrew from law school too? Thanks

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 12:25:59 PM »
If you were really committed to being a law student, you wouldn't have withdrawn.  I know you'll respond with something to the effect of "You have no idea the personal hell I went through."  Life is tough, if you couldnt handle it the first time around, what makes you think a second will be any different. 
pudding is delightful

decisiontime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:33:35 PM »
You are really annoying. Either you have an answer to his/her question or don't post anything. I dislike people like you. It's really none of your business to comment on whether they should reapply or not.

lawlessness, I don't have an answer to your question. A friend told me that you may have to wait for 2 years too but she's not sure. Maybe you should call a law school admissions office. They might know best. Good luck!

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »
You are really annoying. Either you have an answer to his/her question or don't post anything. I dislike people like you. It's really none of your business to comment on whether they should reapply or not.

lawlessness, I don't have an answer to your question. A friend told me that you may have to wait for 2 years too but she's not sure. Maybe you should call a law school admissions office. They might know best. Good luck!

Look everyone, it's Tony Robbins.  For what it's worth, I dislike you.  You have no business commenting on whether I should comment in response to another's question.  You are really annoying.
pudding is delightful

deFuturo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 07:29:32 PM »
I mostly find it amusing that "decisiontime" tells "brewha" to not post anything if he doesn't have an answer then confesses that he, too, doesn't have any answer for the OP. Circular hipocracy?

As for the question...

One would think anyone concerned with the prospect of re-entering a law program after withdrawing would have researched the school's policies regarding such BEFORE withdrawing.

Maybe it was the right move after all.

deFuturo
 ;D

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 11:21:10 PM »
You're all anoying...

I mostly find it amusing that "decisiontime" tells "brewha" to not post anything if he doesn't have an answer then confesses that he, too, doesn't have any answer for the OP. Circular hipocracy?

As for the question...

One would think anyone concerned with the prospect of re-entering a law program after withdrawing would have researched the school's policies regarding such BEFORE withdrawing.

Maybe it was the right move after all.

deFuturo
 ;D

good morning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »
deFuturo = brewha = ass

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »
Conspiracy!
pudding is delightful

reverendlex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »
It depends on how your withdrawal was characterized. Could you go back to your original law school? If so, it's a transfer with some time off. If you withdrew failing, then you'll probably have to wait the 2 years. Talk to someone at your school.

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 09:16:05 AM »
yeah, I would say it depends on the nature of your withdrawal.  If you withdrew right before getting expelled or failing out, then you might have a hard time getting back in.