Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!  (Read 77489 times)

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »
Would anybody avoid Cal Western @ all costs? Im strongly considering attedning, but cant get one ounce of good feedback off TLS.com

prima materia

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »

[...]

Gulf Arab states - among the world's largest oil and gas producers - are considering nuclear power as they look to meet escalating domestic electricity demand without burning more fuel and eating into record export revenues. Analysts say they could quickly buy the technology they need, and push through the planning, financing and licensing much more quickly than would be the case in more democratic countries. Even so, Rogner said he doubted a nuclear power plant would be up and running in the Gulf before 2020. Sellers of nuclear technology might be eager for the business, but they would also be reluctant to see their product used without a fully developed industry framework in place, Rogner said. "Vendors would also be concerned," said Rogner. "They don't want their technology to be associated with any of the risks. [Gulf countries] will have to regulate and oversee a plant even if it is operated by an international operator." For that you need nuclear engineers. But there are currently no universities in the region that teach nuclear engineering, Rogner said.

The IAEA is working with the GCC on the basic requirements for nuclear power, Rogner said. It is also working with the individual countries of the GCC. The economic arguments for nuclear power in the region stack up, he said. "It is simple. If you can sell the oil for $90 rather than sticking it into your own power plant, you can make a profit that can easily help finance a nuclear power plant." When the GCC said in 2006 it was studying developing a joint nuclear energy programme, the announcement raised concern of a regional arms race between the bloc and Iran. The US and other western governments accuse Iran of attempting to develop nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies. Unlike Iran, GCC countries have proposed uranium enrichment be undertaken in a neutral country, limiting some of the potential crossover with a nuclear arms development programme. For the IAEA, the best way forward for the nuclear industry in the region is with a GCC-wide agreement, rather than for individual countries to go their own way, Rogner said. Such an approach would encourage transparency and mutual trust between the region's states, he said. If the countries go ahead on their own, the UAE probably has the edge over the rest of the Gulf Arab states after signing a nuclear cooperation deal with the French government earlier this month, Rogner said. 

Considering nuclear power to meet escalating domestic electricity demand without burning more fuel? Gimme a break! This is just an excuse to become one of the countries with the capability to produce the atomic bomb!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »
Would anybody avoid Cal Western @ all costs? Im strongly considering attedning, but cant get one ounce of good feedback off TLS.com

Getting any sort of scholarship?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2009, 10:39:14 PM »

Unfortunately not. Potentially next year.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #294 on: May 05, 2009, 11:12:11 PM »

Unfortunately not. Potentially next year.

Any chance of doing better on an LSAT retake? I don't think Cal Western would be worth it at sticker.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 05, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »
You forgot Florida A & M, aka FAMU. I disagree on Golden Gate.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2009, 12:16:40 AM »
To the Tier 1-3 students who are so insecure about themselves as to come onto a board and attempt to belittle what others have worked hard to achieve: Enjoy loneliness.  You will not be successful with that attitude, I assure you.  Your personality wins over people, NOT your LSAT, GPA, class rank, etc.  These mean absolutely zero in the end.  What matters is your passion, passing of the Bar, and treatment of others (clients, employees alike).  Its sad to see so many that have the opportunity to go these great institutions waste it with their attitude and lack or respect for their future fellow attorney.  Some of you are in school to defend invalids and people who did not have the learning capacity to even attend college, and here you are lashing out at someone for sitting at a tier 4 law school.  I wish that these few would consider themselves privileged rather than immortal.  I also recommend changing your attitude, otherwise you may find yourself the one working for that tier 4 grad that so graciously appreciated his/her opportunities. 

I do agree with this. LSAT and career potential do not correlate. T4 schools are geared towards working adults, second career adults, cops, entertainers, and people who may not need to practice law as a career, but use law in the course of their careers. And the streets are littered with Harvard grads who thought their shyt didn't stink. lol.

But, you know who's really stupid? Hill Harper! He went to Harvard Law so he could become a Hollywood actor and "know how to read contracts and act as his own lawyer". He could have gone to Cal Western for that. On second thought, I'm sure Harvard is paid for with his million$ from tv and movies, and he can still go be a BigLawyer if he so chooses. I guess he's not THAT dumb. lol.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2009, 12:38:12 AM »

I don't know what this dumbass' problem is, but I know people who attended non-ABA accredited law schools in AL and CA who are making six figures. 

yea right ..

It's possible. Maybe they didn't get a BigLaw job on Wall Street right out of school, but if they worked hard enough and built a nice clientele, and/or used their business skills, they might be doing it. And people forget, T14 grads (and those from a few other schools) have the monopoly on grad-level or law school academia jobs, but every other law grad can realistically teach undergrad at a major university and make $70K-$100K+. And there are folks who do that. If you're able to do something else on the side, there's your six figures.   

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2009, 01:36:46 AM »
To the Tier 1-3 students who are so insecure about themselves as to come onto a board and attempt to belittle what others have worked hard to achieve: Enjoy loneliness.  You will not be successful with that attitude, I assure you.  Your personality wins over people, NOT your LSAT, GPA, class rank, etc.  These mean absolutely zero in the end.  What matters is your passion, passing of the Bar, and treatment of others (clients, employees alike).  Its sad to see so many that have the opportunity to go these great institutions waste it with their attitude and lack or respect for their future fellow attorney.  Some of you are in school to defend invalids and people who did not have the learning capacity to even attend college, and here you are lashing out at someone for sitting at a tier 4 law school.  I wish that these few would consider themselves privileged rather than immortal.  I also recommend changing your attitude, otherwise you may find yourself the one working for that tier 4 grad that so graciously appreciated his/her opportunities. 

I do agree with this. LSAT and career potential do not correlate. T4 schools are geared towards working adults, second career adults, cops, entertainers, and people who may not need to practice law as a career, but use law in the course of their careers. And the streets are littered with Harvard grads who thought their shyt didn't stink. lol.

But, you know who's really stupid? Hill Harper! He went to Harvard Law so he could become a Hollywood actor and "know how to read contracts and act as his own lawyer". He could have gone to Cal Western for that. On second thought, I'm sure Harvard is paid for with his million$ from tv and movies, and he can still go be a BigLawyer if he so chooses. I guess he's not THAT dumb. lol.

T4s aren't geared towards working adults, etc., they're geared towards people with bad LSATs and GPAs to match. That's why virtually every T4 and a good chunk of the T3 is a 2 1/2 - 3 year bar prep course.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2009, 02:28:17 AM »

T4s aren't geared towards working adults, etc., they're geared towards people with bad LSATs and GPAs to match. That's why virtually every T4 and a good chunk of the T3 is a 2 1/2 - 3 year bar prep course.

Ok...working adults with suck-ass LSAT's and grades then...lol.