Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!  (Read 74939 times)

sirenn

• View Profile
Re: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 11:21:09 PM »
Why Nova and St. Thomas? Is it because of the tuition? ???

Why not?! A lousy law school (read a 4th tier one) should never ever be allowed to charhe more than, say, $15,000 a year in tuition. After all, they're not real law school and should take into account that their graduates may or may not find employment as attorneys.

Write to this ass,

http://www.abanet.org/legaled/section/consultant/consultant.html

Don't get all riled up when suggesting anything to this ass! He gets kickbacks from the enumerated law schools on this thread!

Ihatehippies

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006, 12:27:16 PM »
I never said I hated gays, I just think they are like the children’s book if you give a mouse a cookie.  I am totally for civil unions, let them have equal rights but against gay marriage.  Equal rights is fine with me, but not marriage.  You claim I am in the minority, yet last election how many constitutional amendments banning gay marriage passed, all of them! I hate boalt tho, they are radical extremists.

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 02:43:13 PM »
I hate gays.

LALaw04

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 01:29:06 AM »
Hey look, there's a law school out there for everyone!  Let the free market sort out the good lawyers from the bad after law school is done.
I created these for some friends.  Enjoy:

http://www.cafepress.com/lawgear

Joey_JD2b

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 01:16:02 PM »

catamount27

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »
"equal rights but against gay marriage" sounds like 'separate but equal.' are you in favor of separate water fountains and rest rooms? i believe civil rights activists in the 1960s and abolitionists pre-civil war were considered "radical extremists" as well. obviously the us constitution shows a different historical opinion.

I never said I hated gays, I just think they are like the children’s book if you give a mouse a cookie.  I am totally for civil unions, let them have equal rights but against gay marriage.  Equal rights is fine with me, but not marriage.  You claim I am in the minority, yet last election how many constitutional amendments banning gay marriage passed, all of them! I hate boalt tho, they are radical extremists.

trinity2782

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
   12 reasons why gay people shouldnt be allowed to get married

1.  Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.
   2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the world needs more children.
   3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.
   4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears's 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
   5. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and it hasn't changed at all: women are property, Blacks can't marry Whites, and divorce is illegal.
   6. Gay marriage should be decided by the people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of minorities.
   7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are always imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.
   8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall.
   9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage license.
  10. Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
  11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to cars or longer lifespans.
  12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages will for gays & lesbians.
Emory Law Class of '09

catamount27

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 03:44:52 PM »
I've heard that homosexuality is a gateway lifestyle. Therefore, the legalization of gay marriage might lead to the eventual legalization of bestiality or cannibalism.

Dxion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »
I support Gay Marriage for no reason other than that it would result in Gay Divorce. There would be nothing funnier than watching a couple of homos duke in out in court over a fondue set.

trinity2782

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 04:48:49 PM »
I support Gay Marriage for no reason other than that it would result in Gay Divorce. There would be nothing funnier than watching a couple of homos duke in out in court over a fondue set.

Wow how did you know all "homos" own a fondue set!?1 You are quite informed! As a "homo" i am quite impressed by your knowledge of gay people! Do you think all lesbians own SUVs? And you are right nothing would be funnier then to watch "homos" duke it out over a fondue set...honestly it would be the funniest thing EVER, funnier then that lesbian comic...hmmm whats her name, wait you tell me, you are the one who knows all about gay people.

god i hope i dont go to the same law school as you.

Emory Law Class of '09