Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!  (Read 76476 times)

legaldetriment

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2006, 11:46:48 AM »
To the Tier 1-3 students who are so insecure about themselves as to come onto a board and attempt to belittle what others have worked hard to achieve: Enjoy loneliness.  You will not be successful with that attitude, I assure you.  Your personality wins over people, NOT your LSAT, GPA, class rank, etc.  These mean absolutely zero in the end.  What matters is your passion, passing of the Bar, and treatment of others (clients, employees alike).  Its sad to see so many that have the opportunity to go these great institutions waste it with their attitude and lack or respect for their future fellow attorney.  Some of you are in school to defend invalids and people who did not have the learning capacity to even attend college, and here you are lashing out at someone for sitting at a tier 4 law school.  I wish that these few would consider themselves privileged rather than immortal.  I also recommend changing your attitude, otherwise you may find yourself the one working for that tier 4 grad that so graciously appreciated his/her opportunities. 

trinity2782

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2006, 01:38:48 PM »
I gotta agree with detriment. I dont understand how anybody who has not worked in the legal field as an attorney can call any school a TTT. Are tier one schools better then tier four? I suppose so, but are the students at a tier one better then the students at a tier four? I dont know...I havent met all the students in all the tiers, so I am not qualified to make that statement and most of the people on this board arent as well. If a student at Yale wants to think they are better then me, then go ahead, you might be ... but i am more then likely more attractive then they are and really isnt that what matters the most? HA 
Emory Law Class of '09

buttlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2006, 09:20:05 PM »
If a student at Yale wants to think they are better then me, then go ahead, you might be ... but i am more then likely more attractive then they are and really isn't that what matters the most?

No, it's not, at least not in law school ..

DCrell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »
I think that person was joking. ANyway, avoid Harvard at all costs. It is about to slipp into the third tier. Be aware.

trinity2782

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2006, 08:24:12 AM »
I think that person was joking.

Thank you.
Emory Law Class of '09

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:06 AM »
I hear good things about Widener as well, and I know a faculty member of the university who has told me that the law school does not greatly concern itself with the ranking and would rather extend opprotunities to students it feels has shown promise yet may not have proformed as well on the lsat to get into temple, rutgers, nova etc than to exclude them from law school.  I know about a dozen good prosecutors and defense attorneys (major trial da's and top dollar private attorneys) who went to widener and they are some of the most well respected lawyers in the philadelphia court system. 

wardwilliams

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2006, 11:47:05 AM »
tag

ante

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »
Don't go to T4s, I mean to any T4, not just the ones listed here! Don't be stupid!

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »
Don't go to T4s, I mean to any T4, not just the ones listed here! Don't be stupid!

so you've graduated law school, or have gone to a T4, or have some knowledge of t4 that you didn't garner off ego intesifying board.  Interesting point, I really enjoy the fact that you set an argument then use clear examples and ratonale to defend said argue\ment.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »

so you've graduated law school, or have gone to a T4, or have some knowledge of t4 that you didn't garner off ego intesifying board.  Interesting point, I really enjoy the fact that you set an argument then use clear examples and ratonale to defend said argue\ment.

Because of his non T4 status, he obviously feels that he is not bound by the traditional rules of argument.  Making a statement then supporting it with facts, statistics, hell even anecdotal evidence.