Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!  (Read 75175 times)

Joey_JD2b

• View Profile
Re: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 04:56:56 PM »
   12 reasons why gay people shouldnt be allowed to get married

1.  Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, ...

:D

Yes!

WaxPoetic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 05:41:23 PM »
I'd add Touro (b/c of the bar pass rates and employment percentages), but remove Widener, which I'm told has a good reputation in Harrisburg.
Attending: Seton Hall

goldenchain

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 11:25:40 PM »
In alphabetic order:

Capital - $25,000
Cooley - $23,000
Florida Coastal - $25,000
Golden Gate - $30,000
John Marshall (Atlanta) - $24,000
John Marshall (Chicago) - $30,000
New England - $25,000
Northern Kentucky - Chase - $22,000
Nova SE - $26,000
Regent - $24,000
Roger Williams - $27,000
Southern - $11,000 :: DOES IT REALLY HAVE TO BE LISTED HERE, THEN?!
St. Thomas (Miami) - $26,000
Thomas Jefferson - $29,000
Thurgud Marshall - $14,000 :: THIS ONE TOO!
Whittier - $30,000
Widener - $29,000

catamount27

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 10:35:31 AM »
fondue sets are so 2004-retro.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »
I find it interesting that Widener is on this list.  For the Feb. 2005 PA Bar Exam, Widener had the highest passage rate.  Higher than Penn, Temple, Villanova, etc.  The guy who compiled this list probably lost his girlfriend to a T4 student and feels the need to compensate.  Sad, really.

As a side note, no spelling errors to distract from the real issue of your obvious inferiority complex.

reverendlex

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 02:08:35 PM »
Measuring law schools by the first year outcomes of their students is like those JD Power reliability surveys. They call car owners 90 days after purchase to see how reliable their cars are.

However, looking at the Feb bar pass rates is also a bit silly. People taking the Feb bar are more than likely (yes, there are some exceptions) retaking the exam. I wouldn't give much weight to 'we have a higher pass rate the second time around).

But putting any worth in law school rankings is like painting your car in your favorite team's colors. If the most valuable aspect of your life is wrapped up in the school you went to, instead of your individual achievements, you haven't done much...

Silvermtn

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvermountain74
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 02:15:48 PM »

But putting any worth in law school rankings is like painting your car in your favorite team's colors. If the most valuable aspect of your life is wrapped up in the school you went to, instead of your individual achievements, you haven't done much...

Well said!

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 02:40:26 PM »
Depressing...

In alphabetic order:

Capital - $25,000
Cooley - $23,000
Florida Coastal - $25,000
Golden Gate - $30,000
John Marshall (Atlanta) - $24,000
John Marshall (Chicago) - $30,000
New England - $25,000
Northern Kentucky - Chase - $22,000
Nova SE - $26,000
Regent - $24,000
Roger Williams - $27,000
Southern - $11,000 :: DOES IT REALLY HAVE TO BE LISTED HERE, THEN?!
St. Thomas (Miami) - $26,000
Thomas Jefferson - $29,000
Thurgud Marshall - $14,000 :: THIS ONE TOO!
Whittier - $30,000
Widener - $29,000

Georgetown

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 03:57:30 PM »

Well said!

Agreed.  I've always been curious as to why some feel the need to denegrate the law school choices that some people make.  There are a variety of reasons why people choose the schools they choose.  The bottom line is, as long as your school is ABA approved, then anyone who graduates ought to be fine.  Do graduates of higher name schools have an advantage when it comes to first jobs out of law school?  Probably.  However, I would speculate that, after your first job, the advantage evens out over time.  After all, why would a law firm hire someone with a garbage reputation, who graduated from a T14 over a T4 graduate who regularly wins in court?  Its like a football team taking Ki-Jana Carter over Walter Payton, just because Ki-Jana Carter went to Penn State and Walter Payton went to Jackson State.  The bottom line is, as long as the student is happy with their choice of law school and they do reasonably well at that school, then thats really all that matters.  Ripping the T4 schools is really pointless and pathetic.

passionatelawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 02:41:28 AM »
I just love goldenchain's obsession with other schools.  He should worry about his other deficiencies.  I don't speak of which school I was from, I speak from experience.  Goldenchain is some young punk who has his parents pay for everything.  I saw this thread and thought it was ridiculoous.  The people who go on this site are the people who get good grades on their LSAT.  Frankly, that means *&^% in the real world.  I don't care if you come from a tier 4 or tier 1.  Education is only a second factor in what I hire for.  I am currently enrolled in a tier 4 school for all who are listening, but that is of choice.  I am 26, have owned my own business for five years and make more than any attorney would make even from Yale.  I write because it pisses me off that a person would downplay education the way they do.  I took the school I did for convenience but to say that my classmates are incompetent is an insult.  I will stand by every person, past or present, who attended a tier 4 school, and state that everthing the losers put on this site have nothing to do with the real world.  Most people on this site do not know what life is!  I didn't spend last summer studying for the LSAT, I spent it making my business. 
     I should note that I am not a prodigy or brilliant man.  I am from the Midwest and value hard work.  Everything I have I earned.  I know that's hard to believe for the East Cosat people who think they own the country because they got one good grade on the LSAT or think life ownes them something.
     On another subject, this site should be about support for law school, not dejecting those who wish to follow where we have gone.  We should support our profession, it is the very people we anticipate making deals with when we graduate.  "Our enemies today may be our neighbors tomorrow."  I hope I offended some and gave hope to others.