Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!  (Read 74598 times)

Ronald Hyatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hedgehog
    • View Profile
Re: Law Schools To Avoid At All Costs!
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2006, 02:49:10 AM »
If you would like there are many books asserting my thesis (as if it really must be reasoned, it is so obvious that it’s not necessary to state it) including my favorite “The Big Test: The Secret of the American Meritocracy”

American Meritocracy!?!?!?! Can someone reconcile this with Goerge W. Bush?
"Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate."
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000465/bio

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2006, 09:39:51 AM »

And to the dumba*s that made a comment about ADD at 28 - you can develop it at any age, whether or not you are still being educated. You can get 4.0's and 99% test scores your whole life and then suddenly find yourself having extreme difficulty. Do some research before you assume you know what you're critizing.

there is no such thing as "adult onset" adhd.  you've either had it your whole life (and not have it correctly diagnosed -- i was diagnosed at age 40, when i was growing up it was 'laziness' or 'not working up to potential') or you haven't

rev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2006, 09:44:13 AM »
I support Gay Marriage for no reason other than that it would result in Gay Divorce. There would be nothing funnier than watching a couple of homos duke in out in court over a fondue set.

Wow how did you know all "homos" own a fondue set!?1 You are quite informed!

EVERY married couple has a fondue set.  they get at least a dozen of them as wedding presents

vroman

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2006, 01:52:48 AM »
I find it ironic that by criticizing ANY ABA school, you are essentially criticizing the judgment of the ABA itself, and therefore ALL ABA schools.  Either all the ABA schools are good schools or the ABA is a bogus organization.

klinex

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2006, 05:40:00 AM »
John Marshall (Chicago) has a horrible reputation in the Chicagoland area.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:28 AM »
If you would like there are many books asserting my thesis (as if it really must be reasoned, it is so obvious that it’s not necessary to state it) including my favorite “The Big Test: The Secret of the American Meritocracy”

American Meritocracy!?!?!?! Can someone reconcile this with Goerge W. Bush?

To be fair, John Kerry got worse grades at Yale than Bush did.

dsnutter

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2006, 04:50:03 PM »
right now i am hell bent on staying in california for law school (which i am applying to in the fall), but i don't think i will get in anywhere other than thomas jefferson or whittier. i am an engineering student currently, with average grades. i believe it will be my lsat score that keeps me from a decent school. does that mean i am crap out of luck for a good future in law?

entelle

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2006, 09:21:42 PM »
JD Jive is a good example of the desperate situation many new lawyers find themselves in.
Yep! I'm homoerotic, homophobic and heterosexual.

inny

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2006, 04:24:41 AM »
very intersting thread!
Keepin Budlaw in law school .

Not Given

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2006, 12:18:49 AM »
I can only speak about two schools that I have first hand knowledge about. Regarding the statement to avoid these law schools at all costs: John Marshall School Chicago and also Thurgood Marshall School of Law are good law schools and produce some really great lawyers. I would hope that anyone who has an interest in either of these schools will take the time to research and get the facts and not listen to those who have been misinformed.