Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Local knowledge needed  (Read 3150 times)

danderson

• View Profile
    • Email
Local knowledge needed
« on: May 12, 2006, 12:23:16 PM »
I have never been to Cleveland, but am enrolled to attend C-M in the fall.  I need an apartment and would like to know of good locations and buildings.  I want to live as close to campus as possible because I wont have a car (at least in the beginning).  I want to get a one bedroom or large studio for myself in the $500 to $700 price range.  Thanks for the help.

CheezWiz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Local knowledge needed
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:57:26 AM »
Hey Dan,
Welcome to C-M! 

Where you are from and what your takes are will determine where you'll like to live.  Here are three places to take a look at and some others to avoid.  Also, know that Cleveland has a new free trolley that runs from the center of downtown (Tower City) to the law school.  Plus, the you'll get a free bus pass so feel free to expand your search (although, other then the trolley, Cleveland public transportation SUCKS).

1) My friend just moved into Statler Arms http://www.statlerarms.com The halls are clean and the apartments are very nice.  Take a look.

2 & 3) Huron Square and The Osborn are nice clean building within your price range. 

Be careful, but perhaps take a look...
Right across the street from the school are the Euclid Lofts.  They can be small and expensive but if close is what you are looking for, you can't beat it.  Know that if they know you are a law student they will charge you the maximum amount of rent the school allots in your loan package (total rip).

Reserve Square is ok.  But you can find better.

STAY AWAY... STAY AWAY!!!
Moving further downtown.  Avoid the Chesterfield.  Two friends have had to void their leases and move in the middle of the semester because of their roach problem.

danderson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »
Thanks for the help.  Any other inside info people are willing to give me would be great.

Black Jesus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:29:21 AM »
Thanks for the help.  Any other inside info people are willing to give me would be great.

What do you think of the on-campus options? Viking Hall??

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:59:38 AM »
I think they just renovated... they are supposed to be nice. If you can get to the area they give tours
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case