Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BOSTON COLLEGE LAW STUDENTS EXPLAIN 1L SCHEDULE  (Read 598 times)

xxxnoahxxx

• View Profile
    • Email
BOSTON COLLEGE LAW STUDENTS EXPLAIN 1L SCHEDULE
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:30:48 AM »
Hey, I'm looking at the calendar on BC's website for 1L students and classes begin and end like 100 times.  Please can someone explain to me what is going on?

Also, just a general BC question, what % of the class do you need to be in to get on Law Review.

yale05

• View Profile
Re: BOSTON COLLEGE LAW STUDENTS EXPLAIN 1L SCHEDULE
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:06:56 PM »
Hey,
   You don't have to worry about it. The law school schedule used to be on a staggerred track. they tried a progressive idea that alleviated any possible stress at the school due to exams by having the 1Ls take exams at a later date than the other law students. The idea actually worked, as there was never an atmosphere of stress around the school. However, the administration has decided to go ot a schedule more like that of other t25 schools; the school has never had a competitive atmosphere and changin the schedule wont likley affect it. Furthermore, there are so many libraries (8 of them) that the school offers for students that they dont have to worry about the law school library getting over-crowded.  So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for law review, the top 10% get an automatic spot and the rest of the slots are filled by studnets who write on thorugh the competition. This is great, as if you grades are outside of the top 10%, you can still get on the journal. There are also 4 or 5 other journals, and only 260 students. Practically anyone who chooses to do the writing competition gets on a journal, which is a really benefciail attribute.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BOSTON COLLEGE LAW STUDENTS EXPLAIN 1L SCHEDULE
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:11:44 PM »
it's because at BC all 1L's take 42 credits thier first semester, then they only take 6-8 credits each subsequent semester - have fun with that.

As to Law Review, top 5 students = auto admit, anyone in top 1/3 may write on - to write on you must submit a 16 chapter book explaining why you went to law school and why you are so worried about a bunch of *&^% that is way off in the future for you - you haven't even started yet and you're filled with all these meaningless questions.  Just enjoy your frigging summer, go to orientation, and everything will fall into place.  Law review is something to worry about after at least one semesters grades have posted, and don't read any bull books about law school this summer - trust me it's not that hard to figure out once it all starts.