Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CAn I practice  (Read 3291 times)

lv

• View Profile
    • Email
CAn I practice
« on: May 10, 2006, 08:52:31 PM »
I live in Massachusetts,USA.I have got LLB (LAW)Degree from India.I want to do LLM in Intellectual Property Law from A University in Massachusetts.But i am not sure whether i will be able to practice after i achieve my LLM degree.As far as i know i need to give JD exam to practice.But Massachusetts doesn't allow me to sit for JD exam without doing full or part time JD program.I am very depressed and confused.CAn anybody help me regarding this issue.I will highly appreciate.

KSpW

• View Profile
Re: CAn I practice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:52:55 AM »
Hi,
I know for sure that you could practice in New York after earning 20 credits in L.LM program (thesis doesn't count)and passing the BAR. In relation to other states, you need to go on the official state BAR association website and read information concerning international students.
Best regards,
K.

usdoj123

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »
Does the same go for NJ?

JohnnyAwesome

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:59:42 AM »
If you were to go a google search for the term "Massachusetts Board of Bar Examiners" you would find the official site for the MA bar. There's usually an FAQ section and if that's not there, there will definitely be a phone number you can contact. From what I've heard though many foreign attorneys get there L.L.M and then practice on it. But calling the bar will give you that info.

pistolpete23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 11:53:48 PM »

that's scary.

fostdog69

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 02:48:06 AM »
I live in GA, USA.... WTF, total deutch.. is it really necessary to put USA after the state. Mass. USA, reallllllyyyyy????? I wasn't sure if it was Mass. USA or Mass.,  Afghanistan... thanks for clarifying a-hole.

esquiremd900

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 05:16:29 PM »
Lawschoolbible.com  THIS IS AN EXCELLENT BOOK ON ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO BE ADMITTED TO THE BAR.