Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gay Scene  (Read 1081 times)

Harry

• View Profile
Gay Scene
« on: May 10, 2006, 06:09:18 PM »
Which schools are the best for gay people ..

giraffe205

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Gay Scene
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 07:03:11 PM »
I'm guessing that schools in NYC, LA, SF, and Miami would have a higher representation of gays/lesbians. All schools may have one or two but you may find schools in those cities to be more receptive to gays/lesbians.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:57 PM »
I agree....schools where there are already lots of gay people are likely to have a lot of gay students.

CUNY seems to be queer central!

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:08:43 AM »
I would think someplace on the west coast (far away from me).

yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:17:45 AM »
Northeastern
Vermont
NYU
Most Westcoast schools (far away from Yorba)

abc8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 06:30:47 PM »

dokzakon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 09:20:11 PM »
Whatever you do, DON'T go to Vermont Law School is you are gay.  This has nothing to do with the school itself - VLS is gay-friendly, but Vermont is not (surprise), and VLS is located so far from an civilization that you'll suffocate.  There are at most a dozen gay guys at the school.  Guys from other schools in the areas will NOT make the 45-90 min drive to see you.  It's awful.  If you are a lesbian, however, then VLS is paradise. Drama central paradise.  Remember, there are absolutely no gay bars in Vermont. Yes, it's true.  I was at VLS and it was a nightmare.

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:29:44 PM »
I'd probably skip Regent.

Generally, if there's a good gay population where the school is located, then it's a good place to be in terms of places to go out and that, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a good gay group on campus. Places where it's a bit more hostile to the family tend to be the places that spawn more on-campus stuff. (With, I'm sure, a few exceptions.) So, it depends on what you're looking for.

If you're considering different schools, look at their student organizations and, if they have a gay group listed, contact someone in the group and ask what it's like at the school and in the area where the school's located.