Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Franklin Pierce or Quinnipiac  (Read 633 times)

Hurricane9

• View Profile
Franklin Pierce or Quinnipiac
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:52:18 PM »
I was wondering if I could get some opinions.  Im between Franklin Pierce and Quinnipiac.  I don't think I am going to be involved with the patent bar, any thoughts?

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Franklin Pierce or Quinnipiac
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:07:42 PM »
From someone who was fairly close to attending Pierce I would actually advise against going there unless you're planning on doing IP AND have a technical degree. I spoke with an actual student who stated that OCIs there are geared towards patent eligible students so if you're not in that group, you probably won't be getting looked at by employers. Another student told me otherwise but from my own thinking, it'll probably be hard getting noticed anyway unless you have a hard science undergrad/grad degree and/or technical experience especially since Pierce just fell to the T4. Seeing as how you are not looking to pursue the patent par (or IP in general, I'm assuming?), I would just go with Quinnipiac- I hear they do fairly well in their region of Connecticut so employment shouldn't be much of a problem (granted you want to be in at least the top half of the class). Good luck with wherever you decide to go.

Hurricane9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 05:18:08 PM »
thanks for the info, definately something to consider.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:38:47 AM »
Plus, both of these schools are insanely expensive, especially Quinn - if you have a chance to attend a state school that might be a better option - apply for in-state after 1L, etc.

Even if money is not an issue there may be better options, but that is hard to say since you didn't mention numbers, interests, area, etc.