Law School Discussion

Hello I am probibly going to be PT at my school. I am trying to keep my options

Erapitt,  I admit it, some of your posts are hilarious especially when your railing on that florida kid.  Maybe the funniest part is the fact that someone would get so @#!**n bent out of shape over a post.  That being said, you can't tell me you aren't doing it to amuse yourself at least just a little.  Yeah, I've seen the people who are like "hey man I just tell it like it is", and "I don't care what anyone thinks,"
and lets not forget, "I give it to them straight."  Not saying your one of those losers who will eventually be walking around with their jaw wired shut for a month becuase they said the wrong thing to someone at a bar (hey, I've seen it happen) I'm just saying, if your smart enough to get into law school, then you have a reasonable knowledge base of communicative actions, (written or spoken) and you're intending a certain response from that action....You know what, trust me this isn't targeted at you, and I hope you agree.  I see this sh!t all the time on LSD.  Many times I have to sift through the Bullsh!t just to get to some real information about a certain topic.  For instance, (again, not target at you or anyone in particular) you write a post about briefing a case and as always, two or three jagoff's are gonna make some sh!tbag comment about somthing.  So then I gotta sit their and waste my time while some poster who was probably a loser in high school, college, and still is, gets up on their internet soap-box in order to get a few laughs and push some kid's buttons.  You use bad grammer in your post, "Your grammer sucks, you're going to a TTT) You spell something wrong "you're never going to succeed in L.S."  Stuff like that.  I used to think this place was a gold-mine for info, but its been invaded by guys who probably rarley get laid, girls who are D2 slam pigs and aren't worth a nut in the face, and LIBERALS.  But hey maybe its the field we're all going into.  Anyway nothing against you PITT, but you can see where I'm comming from with all this sh!t right?

Erapitt

• View Profile
Oh I definately hear you and I definately say much of what I say to elicit a response.  I just wanted to emphasize that it isn't really the case with LL.  I give him props for his ambition so I honestly don't find myself laughing at him.

On the other points, I agree 110%.  The diference between myself and the tool bags on this site that like to argue with me is this: When I sign offline I get on with my life and have a wonderful time doing what I do....  When they get offline (for that hour a day when they are either sh!tting, showering, or eating) they ruminate about what a dirtbag I am lol.

P.S. I spelled difference wrong above....  I am going to fail miserably at law school  ;).

Thank fu*k*n god there's someone else on this board that realizes how rediculous half the kids that post here are.  The other half of you, no offense but if you think you don't fall within this 50%, you should be doing your part to make this board a place of information, not an internet high school.  And yes, perhaps I will stop posting here, and maybe stop using the site all together.  For the love of god, sometimes i think that I'm better off masterbating into an old sock than trying to get info here.  Yeah some of the off topic sh!t is good, but you'll never get anything from the threads that attempt to be serious and informative

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
hey latinlord,

shoot for the moon.  if you miss, atleast you'll be among the stars.  what i'm trying to say is that it's cool if you have an eye on transferring from the start.  why? because it can be a strong a55 motivator.  you better believe that you will not be the only one gunning for a move up the rankings.  and contrary to what people on this board think, an iu-indy transfer to temple is well worth it.  heck, it's a no-brainer.  temple's in-state tuition is less than 14k and they have a pt program as well (10k).  heck, you can even get in-state at rutgers-camden if you can secure a lease by june/july. 

this is your life and your career, do what you want and don't let anyone put limitations on you.  you don't owe iu-indy anything but tuition and a "thanx for the opportunity, guys." 

don't let anyone put limits on your potential.  if your law gpa is anywhere near your undergrad gpa you'll have plenty of options in the near future. 

i love your never-be-satisfied attitude, man.  this is the exact attitude you'll need to succeed. 

oh, by the way, your story is awesome!  ignore anyone who says:

No offense dude but you should be d**mn happy you got into law school at all let alone talking about transferring.

you got into what, 6 schools?  6 is not a fluke.

Erapitt

• View Profile
Five of those six are hardly reputable institutions.  Also, with AA it might not be a fluke, if he weren't a URM he wouldn't have even received one offer.

Pump up his ego all you want, I just think he should be more focused on getting through the conditional program before he thinks about being in the top 5% of his class.  Reality check.  It isn't going to happen.

You know, Latin Lord Aside, I agree with what Erapitts trying to say.  I think this country has raised its children on the kindergarten t-ball attitude, "Everyone's a winner!"  No offense, the shoot for the Moon so you land amongst the stars motto is probably the biggest crock of sh!t I've ever heard.  For instance, I wanted to be a rock star in high school after I learned to play guitar.  Yeah, I can see where I would be right now if I had followed your "shoot for the moon advice;" living in my mother's basement, sneaking 17 year old girls in at night, and playing dave matthews love songs to them in an attempt to get laid.  Get serious.  The crap your pushing here is just about as worthless as the "You go to a TTT, you're worthless"  Jesus christ your going to be an attorney, you look at problems objectivly, from all angles.  Extricate the key facts, yada yada yada...  In his case, he needs advice, not a half time locker room speech.  Nor does he need to be put down.  He needs people to tell him "look there may be more disadvantages to what you want to do rather than advatages.  Before you get to that though, you need to put FIRST THINGS FIRST."

oh

I'm a T4 to T1 transfer.  Its not as hard as people think.  However, I do think there is an important message that gets lost on this board sometimes.  Yup, its pointless to bag on lower ranked schools when people want honest good information, but what if the negativity is wrapped in some truth? There are always exceptions, but the bulk of my former T4 classmates will end up working within 100 miles of the school when they graduate...probably working jobs that wouldn't be their first choice.  Most of them will work as attorneys, but had they known the truth about their prospects they at least could have made more informed decisions.

Latin Lord- URM thing is a reality of the process, many people far more intelligent people than me debate the issue and can't come to a meeting of the minds as to whether or not it is fair/effective.  I do know that I read most of your initial acceptance to Indy posts and was actually happy to see someone so jazzed about the opportunity that he had been given.  So yeah, I can't say that I was thrilled to see you trolling all the transfer sites soon afterward.  It is of course none of my business, but it really needs to be said that multiple 140's on the LSAT do not indicate law school success.  Are there exceptions?  Sure.  I do hope you work hard and do well, but if you are going to fantasize about Penn, keep some room in your dreams for the Indianapolis job market.

This is not the pre-law board.  If you want the Cooley is just as good as Yale crap, go back there.  This is a competition, they keep score in law school and everyone is not a "winner."  It is a disservice to give just positive pats on the head to everyone.  Law school is HARD, in most schools the kids with the highest LSATS and undergrad GPAS are at the head of the class rankings.

True that

Erapitt

• View Profile
http://www.jdjive.com/read.php?1,216959

Mean, bitter, and cyncial, but it definately has some truth behind it.

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
reality check: it's not going to take anywhere near top 10% to transfer w/in tiers.  he'll have a chance if he's in the top half of the class.  tier2-tier2 is not that hard guys.  i believe latinlord has an above average ug gpa, if he maintains THAT level of academic achievement he will be able to transfer to temple.  why is this some pipe dream?  heck, he has two years to bring his gpa up to top 50% because he's going PT.  odds are in his favor.  

also, a transfer to his home state is a very practicle goal when one considers the disparities in cost of attendance between the two schoos.  is it likely that he will make top 10% and transfer to penn, no. but it's just as unlikely that he will find himself in the bottom 10%.  why?  the curve.  and it's because of the curve that he has a very good shot at transferring to temple.