Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hello I am probibly going to be PT at my school. I am trying to keep my options  (Read 7726 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Thank you for your comments "well the non hateful ones anyway"   ;D ;D

PS: i'm not a native speaker of spanish, "there are some of us like that incase you don't know any" I majored in it to learn it, to try and learn a piece of my culture. Anyway, Much love  ;D
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010

reverendlex

• View Profile
I don't know anybody who transferred within tiers. A friend of mine
did his 1L at Temple and transferred to Penn. He was in the top 10% at Temple, and Penn waited until all his 1L grades were in.

Going from part-time to full time with the transfer might prove difficult, since most upper division classes have the 1L classes as pre-reqs. You might be playing catch-up there.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
yeah, I think the answer will depend on the school for the most part - check thier sites. 

Why do you want to transfer to a same tier LS, also I assume you are at IU because they had a PT program and your numbers were a little below what any similar schools in your area were willing to accept.  It seems like you might be better off staying at IU, unless you are top 10% after 1L (which is tough). Won't you be able to possibly start getting in-state tution at IU.  It just seems that if you can only transfer to a similar school (rep wise) it would just make sense to finish at the place you started (unless IU is miserable or something).

-just my two cents

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
just FYI, there probably isn't a lot of traffic right now because we are all in finals....

ETA: Knowing your story, LL, I would just focus right now on getting through your conditional program. THEN worry about your 1L grades, and THEN worry about trying to transfer. You REALLY REALLY need to focus on this condition summer thing you've got going if you want a shot at making it in law school. Don't look too far in the future. There are too many things to gamble on right now. Focus on your every day performance and work on passing this summer thing.
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email

IT ISN'T A CONDITIONAL PROGRAM. I was admittd into the school, it is just a summer start up program, I take  a class sooner than others and get credit so I have a smaller load in the fall. And your probibly right about the finals, I forgot that, b/c I'm out of school for the time being. Thanks anyway for the sug....

Shiftagon

• View Profile
LatinLord, I am just curious, do you not like Indy?  I have been following your previous posts and I got the impression that you were super excited about going to the school.  Also, if you are part time at Indy, what classes are you taking in the summer that will lighten the course load.  From my understanding all p-time students will take Torts, Civ Pro, and LARC I their first semester.  Are you taking any of these in your program?

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
It is a conditional program in the sense that ANY class is 'conditional', meaning that if you don't pass, you won't move forward. You have over a year before you can think about transfering. You need to focus on the here and now and not get ahead of yourself.

just FYI, there probably isn't a lot of traffic right now because we are all in finals....

ETA: Knowing your story, LL, I would just focus right now on getting through your conditional program. THEN worry about your 1L grades, and THEN worry about trying to transfer. You REALLY REALLY need to focus on this condition summer thing you've got going if you want a shot at making it in law school. Don't look too far in the future. There are too many things to gamble on right now. Focus on your every day performance and work on passing this summer thing.

IT ISN'T A CONDITIONAL PROGRAM. I was admittd into the school, it is just a summer start up program, I take  a class sooner than others and get credit so I have a smaller load in the fall. And your probibly right about the finals, I forgot that, b/c I'm out of school for the time being. Thanks anyway for the sug....
Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

Shiftagon

• View Profile
      Well, lets not make the "conditional" thing an issue.  I'm sure you'll do fine, and there is nothing wrong with looking ahead a little.  I just find it suprising that you posted so many good things about the school and now you're talking about getting out.  Is it the city?  Do you miss home?  That's what I'm wondering.  Also I looked into the summer program and I did not see Civ pro I, larc I or Torts I as part of the curriculum.  So, I think you might be mistaken about taking a lighter load in the fall.  Just so you're not caught off guard, I'd double check that.  I think your "Lighter Load" will be in the form of being a part time student.  So your load will be lighter relative to the full timers.  Let us know LL  I am considering the school as I was accepted to their full time program in March and would like to see why there was such a drastic change in attitude.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
No offense dude but you should be damn happy you got into law school at all let alone talking about transferring.
Attending GW in Fall '06