Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to refocus after a bad performance.  (Read 831 times)

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to refocus after a bad performance.
« on: May 05, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »
So...I think I bombed Civ Pro II last night...I was completely prepared and then I totally CHOKED when I was sitting there.

Advice of how to regroup to focus on my last two exams please, can't shake the feeling of despair. 

All that f*&(ing work and I choke during the essay... :'(

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to refocus after a bad performance.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 07:25:03 PM »
i had civ pro yesterday & felt like i did really well, but as the day went along i started to obsess about issues i missed.  the day of the exam i usually make a nice dinner, chill out, pout if need be, and then back to business the following morning.

i felt really really bad about my performance on my torts exam last semester and it ended up being my highest grade.  so you cannot know if you really did poorly.  i say just get back to work, go to the gym, and do a lot of timed practice exams. 

sorry this post is scrambled- i am feeling the mental deterioration from exams. . .

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 07:32:53 PM »
honestly don't worry about it.  The fact is, your grade is determined relative to your standing among your classmates' performances.  If you felt like you bombed the exam, and you were genuinely prepared, chances are that your classmates feel the same or worse.  Plus, if you feel like you bombed it... you probably realize that there were a lot of issues that you missed.  This is a good sign, as it means that you were constantly spotting issues and analyzing them. It's certainly better than comming out of the exam believing that you fully covered all the issues (Obvious indication that you missed a ton of issues). 
pudding is delightful

DutchessA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 11:34:45 PM »
Thinking about it more, it really seems like I spotted all the issues...On the midterm I was in the top 5%; but I think that this exam will knock me down to the mid-range...I think my analysis will fall short on at least two of the four portions of the essay.  It is graded 50% multiple choice; and 50% essay.  I feel fairly confident about the m/c.

It's just frustrating I busted my balls and I completely choked (this is the first time it happened)...I tend to be a stress basket on test days, but this test was at 6 p.m. which meant I spent the whole day obsessing. 

I have been at work all day today, and I only studied for an hour during my lunch break.  Tonight I am wrapping up a project for work, and TOMORROW I START ANEW!!!  MUST KICK A$$...

Thanks for the input.
\