Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 5021 times)

catalina

• View Profile
Re: Soccer
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 05:32:30 PM »

A waitress carries some of the many large mugs of beer that will be consumed.

Ish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 06:55:18 AM »
You have to admit that all sports are gay.  It's by nature a homosexual activity that involves lots of body contact, sweat, nudity, spirited emotion, and sometimes just a little extra um, comraderie.  Singling one sport in particular as "gay" is a bit naive I think. 

baby, your links always fail, what's up with that?

nexttel

• View Profile
Czechs blow out lethargic U.S.
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 06:20:28 PM »

"You're kidding yourself if you think that this U.S. team is highly talented ... It's simply not as good as the elite of Europe and South America. We're not a bad team, and this was without doubt a very poor performance, but to compare ourselves to Brazil, Argentina, England, etc. that's simply not realistic. We let ourselves down today, and only 2-3 players can look in the mirror tonight. I hope they've learned a big lesson."

"That's just it, our passing is horrible. You can get away with always trying to lob the ball down the field over the defense to a quick forward in the MLS and have some success. But not at this level. You actually must know how to pass and work the ball in the middle."

mmn

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 06:27:12 PM »

mellissa

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »
I really enjoy watching the WC. The one thing about soccer that I can't stand is when a player acts like he is in severe pain (rolling around on the field like he's just been shot) to draw a penalty. Get up!!! Then when he realizes that the referee won't call a penalty he instantly bounces back like nothing happened.

frame

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

David Beckham

- Just how gay can a 'heterosexual' man be??

It's really strange how this quite-obviously-gay-guy can survive in the highly homophobic world of sports (soccer)!

David & Victoria Beckham

F L

• View Profile
A @ # ! * i n g Punk
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 06:32:58 PM »

David & Victoria Beckham

yea right ..

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Czechs blow out lethargic U.S.
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 11:42:42 PM »

"You're kidding yourself if you think that this U.S. team is highly talented ... It's simply not as good as the elite of Europe and South America. We're not a bad team, and this was without doubt a very poor performance, but to compare ourselves to Brazil, Argentina, England, etc. that's simply not realistic. We let ourselves down today, and only 2-3 players can look in the mirror tonight. I hope they've learned a big lesson."

"That's just it, our passing is horrible. You can get away with always trying to lob the ball down the field over the defense to a quick forward in the MLS and have some success. But not at this level. You actually must know how to pass and work the ball in the middle."

Many if not most of the US team plays it's club ball in Europe.  I can get stats if you need them.

What a catch 22 for me on Saturday.  I am Italian-American and I love both countries I think I'm going to root for the U.S. then hope they beat the Czechs.  yeah that's what i'll do.  GO Stars and Strips

reyna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 04:53:53 AM »

electra

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 08:16:04 PM »
hahaha