Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 28047 times)

militancy22

• View Profile
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2006, 11:26:26 AM »
I plan to dress normally until an administrator tells me to do otherwise.  If they want us to walk around in suits all day in the middle of August, they should give us fair warning.

I agree with you completely, Ward.

Anyone on the 3rd floor of Concord?

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2006, 02:34:04 PM »
Shipley, 219

holler21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2006, 08:19:46 AM »
This is an odd question, but does anyone know if we have to pay for printing at the law school?  I know that some schools allow you to print for free while others charge a cost per page, usually $0.05 per page.  For some reason I was thinking about that the other day and I wasn't sure if there was an actual cost.  Stupid question, I know. 

In other news...

Weekend's here, grab a can of beer! 

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »
I plan to dress normally until an administrator tells me to do otherwise.  If they want us to walk around in suits all day in the middle of August, they should give us fair warning.

I agree with you completely, Ward.

Anyone on the 3rd floor of Concord?

I'm on 3rd floor Concord

Me too- I guess we have male/female separated wings as opposed to floors in Concord.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2006, 09:12:49 PM »
Hi all, I just got in through the TAP program... this means I spent 6 weeks of my summer living in the dorms and going to Civ Pro, Legal Methods and Torts.  Classes were no joke so get ready...  Some quick things... Shipley's rooms are huge compared to anything I've lived in.  I just got my room assignment today and I'm in Concord this time. If you haven't got your housing assignments I could def call ASAP (talk to Chris Burrell I think)  Make sure you get the most recent Torts book (11th edition). Any questions just ask!

Who were your professors and how were the exams?

DanielleB

• AOL Instant Messenger - xsummergirl01
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: July 27, 2006, 10:26:08 PM »
I had King for Legal Methods. She was good.  The class was three hours! I had Turezyn for Torts.  She is freakin hysterical. She teaches by using crazy examples that usually involve her and either a student or a celeb.  Her tests were very very hard.  I had Perry for Civ Pro.  She makes things easy to understand.  I did the best in her class. I have yet to get my schedule so I have no idea if I have any of them again.

Law school life was a challenge.  I left my full time job in order to make the program my main focus.  Even though I only had class 3 times a week (tues wed and thurs nights), my life was school.  I spent sooooooo much time reading and briefing cases to prepare for class.  God forbid you are not prepared, because you may be asked to stand and brief the case in front of the whole class (not too scary, don't worry). Oh, and be prepared to see plenty of C's.  Everything is graded on a curve; so many people must fail. A C+ means you did very good (that was a shock to the system)

You have to pay for copying, I'm not sure about printing. From my experience I would say bring your own printer.  You will find yourself printing a lot.  Make sure to bring a DSL cable b/c the dorms are not wireless. Any other questions just let me know... anyone on 2nd floor in Concord?? 

NightOwl

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2006, 01:05:23 PM »
For printing and copying, you get a $40 allowance on your ID card, after which it's $0.10/page.  However, you can also print cases and other materials off the Westlaw and Lexis machines for free.  You'll burn through a lot of your allowance in Legal Methods I (because you are going to the books and photocopying the sources for your open memo), but it's possible to get through the year on it if you're careful.

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2006, 10:50:42 AM »
For those of you living on campus, when are you going to move in?  I think I will start Friday and gradually get my stuff there over the weekend.  I currently only live about an hour from Widener so I'm pretty lucky I can do that.

Is anyone coming to Widener from a distance?

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2006, 04:41:02 PM »
I'll be coming every day from Somers Point, NJ, which is about an hour and twenty minuets away.  My wife has a really awesome job and we just can't afford for her to move away from it.

On another note, today is my last, official day at work.  I have to say that I'm much more nostalgic than I thought I'd be.  Anyway, when is everyone here done with their jobs?

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »
I am moving into the dorms, Shipley hall third floor.  I am moving in on friday, it was the only day I could get my father to help me and he has a truck vs. my Hyundai so i might as well take advantage.  My last day of work if Wednesday the 8th and I'm counting down the days.  No more selling or fixing computers.  I'm hoping a few people move in on Friday because I would like to get some people up to go to Scrimmages for a few.