Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 27790 times)

widener2l

• View Profile
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2006, 08:03:51 AM »
You don't need a floppy drive, but you do need wireless internet to submit your exams.

jenny4l4

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2006, 12:33:19 PM »
heyyy everyone...
are those of you that are living on campus living in singles? has anyone seen what the doubles look like? also, is anyone looking for a roommate, either on or off campus? I'm from the philly area, so it's about a 40 min. commute and I'm trying to figure out whether I want to live at home or at/around the campus.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2006, 01:18:49 PM »
FYI...The books for Fall are in the bookstore and available for purchase.  I just got all of the books for section A and it cost me $438.  All of the property books were new, as were the legal writing books.  However, there were a fair amount of used Civ Pro and Torts books.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2006, 09:39:20 PM »
yup i got mine too, i'm in shipley, mailbox #519.  Pretty Cool

keith, did you buy just the text books or did you grab comm outlines and hornbooks to?

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2006, 10:31:36 PM »
yup i got mine too, i'm in shipley, mailbox #519.  Pretty Cool

keith, did you buy just the text books or did you grab comm outlines and hornbooks to?

I just bought the textbooks, but I got all the supplements already from lawbooks4less.com.

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2006, 09:37:03 AM »
I'm in Concord for housing. Anyone else?  I actually heard Shipley is better; a little smaller and quieter I guess for studying.

How do we know everything went through okay for our Grad Plus loans?  I haven't gotten any notification about it in the mail after I filled out the necessary forms. 

JPen

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2006, 11:13:11 AM »

How do we know everything went through okay for our Grad Plus loans?  I haven't gotten any notification about it in the mail after I filled out the necessary forms. 

I called the Financial Aid office on Monday and they said they just started going through the paperwork for the Grad Plus loans.

JPen

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17:58 AM »

I called the Financial Aid office on Monday and they said they just started going through the paperwork for the Grad Plus loans.

And now that I've checked the Webcruiser, I see that my NJClass loan has gone through. So I imagine that they'll be doing all the outside loans this week.

lawx

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2006, 04:26:33 PM »
kmpng- besides going to the bookstore, is the information for books posted online?

I was going to see if they were cheaper online before buying from the bookstore.

holler21

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2006, 04:36:37 PM »
In Virginia (where I did my undergrad) there is a law which states that all institutions of higher learning which receive state funds must publish the ISBN numbers of the textbooks online prior to the start of each semester - I wish Widener did this!!

Anyway, I just called the bookstore and for those of you who are lucky enough to be in Section N with me, half the books are in for our section and half still remain to arrive - supposed to come in within about 2 weeks. 

Hope this helps.