Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 27866 times)

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »
I received my acceptance letter yesterday and sent in my deposit this morning. Anyone else from around the Philadelphia area? I live in Villanova (not where I went to school) right now. I'm thinking about moving into Philadelphia and commuting on 95, counter rush hour traffic. Any suggestions?

Hi, I live in Wayne...I was originally going to commute, but I decided to lease a "dorm" becuase they are pretty inexpenisve (I don't even have a car and the dorm is probably less than I would pay for one).  If I were you and you are commuting, I don't thinking moving to Philly is going to save you any time at all.  I would take Blue Rte. South to Route 3 (W.Chester Pk.) to 926 to 202, barring lots of traffic that commute will take you 40-45 mins.
West Chester Pike and 926 will probably be a lot better in the mornings than 95 would be anyway.

I would probably do the 95 suggestion, as it will be counter rush hour traffic, and you won't have to go through West Chester or deal with 202 traffic, which has a lot of people commuting to Wilmington from Chadds Ford/West Chester etc...

proletariat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2006, 08:07:55 PM »
hey guys.   I just got accepted off of the waitlist to the harrisburg campus.  I am from pittsburgh but am not that familiar with widener.  I was wondering if anyone had a chance if they could give me their opinions of the school adn campus.  I am hoping to get a chance to visit but they only gave me 10 days to send it a deposit.  I am going to try and get an extension.  however, any help you guys could give me would be awesome.  hopefully i will be joining you guys at the harrisburg campus and good luck to the wilmington people. 

The campus is comprised of three buildings located in sort of an office park.  The main building has classrooms and the library.  There is also a dining building and an administration building.  The campus doesn't have an inspiring sense of history or of 'place'.  Utilitarian would be the word I would use to describe it.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 01:06:18 AM »
I was bored and went through the Widener Website.  Looking at the course schedule for Fall and tentative schedule for the Spring, it would seem that the lineup of courses for full-time day students is as follows:

Fall:
Administrative Law
Property I
Civil Procedure
Torts
Legal Methods I

Spring:
Contracts
Constitutional Law I
Criminal Law I
Property II
Legal Methods II

I could be wrong, but judging from the class schedule, this would be the only breakdown that makes sense.  Anyway, take this for what its worth.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 10:33:21 AM »
ahh the two classes i was looking foward to aren't being offered until the sping, con law and crim law.  fun fun fun

lk1122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »
I received my acceptance letter yesterday and sent in my deposit this morning. Anyone else from around the Philadelphia area? I live in Villanova (not where I went to school) right now. I'm thinking about moving into Philadelphia and commuting on 95, counter rush hour traffic. Any suggestions?

Hi, I live in Wayne...I was originally going to commute, but I decided to lease a "dorm" becuase they are pretty inexpenisve (I don't even have a car and the dorm is probably less than I would pay for one).  If I were you and you are commuting, I don't thinking moving to Philly is going to save you any time at all.  I would take Blue Rte. South to Route 3 (W.Chester Pk.) to 926 to 202, barring lots of traffic that commute will take you 40-45 mins.
West Chester Pike and 926 will probably be a lot better in the mornings than 95 would be anyway.

I would probably do the 95 suggestion, as it will be counter rush hour traffic, and you won't have to go through West Chester or deal with 202 traffic, which has a lot of people commuting to Wilmington from Chadds Ford/West Chester etc...

I think the only way to know for sure is to pick a day during the week and drive during rush hour from Philly to Wilmington on 95.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 10:37:02 AM »

I think the only way to know for sure is to pick a day during the week and drive during rush hour from Philly to Wilmington on 95.

Any way you take it will be bad, but I think that taking 202 would be MUCH worse, mainly due to the fact that alot of people who live in that area of PA do so for the schools and housing prices, and take the 202 trip to Wilmington daily.  I don't have much experience going southbound on 202, but I know that every time I've gone north on it in the morning traffic is creeping in the opposite direction.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 10:58:55 AM »

Any way you take it will be bad, but I think that taking 202 would be MUCH worse, mainly due to the fact that alot of people who live in that area of PA do so for the schools and housing prices, and take the 202 trip to Wilmington daily.  I don't have much experience going southbound on 202, but I know that every time I've gone north on it in the morning traffic is creeping in the opposite direction.

Between Wayne and West Chester, its not that bad.  Mostly because its after the KoP office plazas.  However, after West Chester it becomes bogged down with lights and whatnot.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »

Between Wayne and West Chester, its not that bad.  Mostly because its after the KoP office plazas.  However, after West Chester it becomes bogged down with lights and whatnot.

And West Chester to Widener takes at least half an hour with no traffic, can't imagine it with morning drive

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 04:03:55 PM »
My first practice drive to Widener is going to be on Wednesday.  I'll also be dropping off my immunization records (since I'm going there anyway.) and seeing if I can sit in on a summer class.  Anyone want to do lunch?

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 08:49:06 AM »
Anybody get their loan information from Widener yet?  I'm still waiting on mine, and was hoping to get it done soon to lock in the rates for the Stafford's before they make the hike up...