Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 28032 times)

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Class of 2009
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:32:24 AM »
Well seat deposits were due yesterday.  So who's paid them, who is now offically Widener School of Law class of 09.  What campus are you going to? Just trying to say hello to my new peers.

NightOwl

• View Profile
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:05:38 AM »
Welcome, Class of '09ers, from an '08!  I think we are all pretty busy with finals right now, but I just want to say hello and welcome!

bried

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 11:41:09 AM »
I'm set to attend Widener-Harrisburg.

Ben R.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:36:56 PM »
-ward

i am going to be living down there in their "dorms" next year.  i haven't sent in my 200 dollar deposit yet, do you know when i should send that in.

-nightowl
good luck with finals, are you a temple al

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 01:29:04 PM »
I live in northeast philly so it's about 45 minutes for me also without traffic probably closer to 70 minutes with traffic.  i would rather have the 2 hours a day to do work, get away from my home so i can focus more and save the gas and wear and tear on my car.  40 miles each way is tough.  400miles a week on my car, aside from the 200 miles i generally will put on it going back and forth, that's 600 miles a week and 3 tanks of gas.  so i'm looking at 85-100 dollars a week in gas and that's kinda steep.  I would rather borrow the money for dorms.  Plus i really need to focus and at home i screw around too much.  where did you do you're undergrad, is this your graduation year or you returning to school.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 01:30:19 PM »
Sent my deposit in April.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »
Well seat deposits were due yesterday.  So who's paid them, who is now offically Widener School of Law class of 09.  What campus are you going to? Just trying to say hello to my new peers.

Dropped off my seat deposit yesterday afternoon, I'll be attending the DE campus and living in downtown Wilmington again next year.  Anybody get late word on financial aid/scholarships?  I wasn't offered anything and may retake the LSAT to see if they might make an offer. 

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 04:12:44 PM »
I received the same scholarship, I would assume that they have extra money also.  I'm hoping for a decent amount in grants due to the fact that I am now considered independant of my parents income.  I called the financial aid office and they said to expect to receieve an award package sometime in June.  So we'll have to wait and see what they say there. 

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:00:22 PM »
I received the same scholarship, I would assume that they have extra money also.  I'm hoping for a decent amount in grants due to the fact that I am now considered independant of my parents income.  I called the financial aid office and they said to expect to receieve an award package sometime in June.  So we'll have to wait and see what they say there. 

I really hope I get some money from them....  Maybe if I boost my LSAT score enough, they will consider it since it would help pull up their range.

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:39:10 PM »
I have sent in my deposits to the Delaware school for both a dorm and to attend.  I am just hoping I get into a dorm. It seems as if they will not guarentee a room and have danced around the question when I've inquired about the probability of getting a room.  Oh well, sure it will work out as always.  Anyone else from New Jersey?