Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 27927 times)

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2006, 12:48:40 PM »
Anyone else with this schedule?

Civ Pro (Ray):  M 11:45-1:00, T&TH  10:00-11:15
Torts (Maatman):    T, W, F 12:00-1:15
Property (Kelly):  M, W, TH  2:15-3:30
Methods (?):  W & F  9:30-10:55

I think this is the A section.  Does anyone know anything about these professors, beyond whats on Rate my Professor.com?
So far I've heard great things about Kelly, don't know about the other 2

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to check in.  Widener DE class of 2009 as of a month ago. 

I still can't decide on the whole dorm route.  For me, the two big issues are the shared shower and lack of kitchen.  I've finally managed to get my body back into decent shape after eating all that take out from undergrad and I'm not looking forward to a relapse.  Any thoughts?
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »
well, I suppose the bright side is that there are about 20 restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk.  That can end up getting very expensive, though, especially if you're eating healthy. 
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
don't they serve dinner at the barrister's club i think it's called.  and we have microwaves so that's my means of survival right there. what would college students do without microwaves. 

dandlewood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2006, 03:56:53 PM »
I suppose my love of gastronomy is effecting my decision.  The only thing I've ever used a microwave for was popcorn.  Then again, I've been cooking since I was 12, so that prolly has an impact.  Nothing like a nice gas range to cook up a delicious meal.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2006, 06:02:10 PM »
no i don't think they're any undergraduate style meal plans available. i think it's all on an per meal basis.

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2006, 07:45:06 PM »
Is anyone else STILL waiting for schedule/section information? 

I feel a little funny returning to college life after being out of college for a few years...my co-workers tease me about how I will have a dorm room all over again. Maybe I will regress back to eating Easy Mac and Cup o' Noodles, since there is no meal plan whatsoever. 

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2006, 09:05:16 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to check in.  Widener DE class of 2009 as of a month ago. 

I still can't decide on the whole dorm route.  For me, the two big issues are the shared shower and lack of kitchen.  I've finally managed to get my body back into decent shape after eating all that take out from undergrad and I'm not looking forward to a relapse.  Any thoughts?

The lack of kitchen is a heavy problem for me as well.  I'm one of those fitness freaks thats into the gym and nutrition.  I've yet to figure out how I am going to fit in meals throughout the day that are healthy, but where there's a will there's a way so I know I'll figure it out.  For breakfast I usually do eggs (whites or scrambled), yogurt, wheat bagel with slice of fat free cheese.  That right there is do-able except for the eggs in which I will probably have to learn to eat raw.  Midmorning snack is either a protein bar, fruit, or peanuts.  Lunch is a big carb and can basically be whatever I want so this is probably where Barristers Club or a local place will come in play.  Mid evening snack is peanuts or a fruit.  Then its about the time I go to the gym and while at the gym I sip on a ratioed calorie/protein shake.  After the gym its just water and a can of tuna and pink salmon and thats its for my day.  Soooo yea, lol sorry I wrote all that out, no one probably cares, but it is do able and I was on a hot streak and just figured out my problem so thank you for starting that original post.  If anyone is dorming and wants to go to that gym we get a free membership too, the Jewish Center I believe, it is only about a mile and a half away and I plan on running to it Mon-Fri and working out, law school work willing.

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2006, 09:18:29 PM »
I have seen it online, here is the link, http://www.siegeljcc.org./pages/home.html. It looks like it's a pretty standard gym and yes this one is free.  When I took my tour I inquired about a gym and the lady told me we get a free pass to that one and I do not belive she mentioned the Chester one, but I would assume we could use our IDs there.

lawx

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2006, 05:17:20 PM »
just though Id add that i'm attending Widener, DE as well. Just checked my classes and I'm in section A.