Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 28073 times)

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2006, 11:52:15 PM »
hi everyone, i kinda stopped watching this board and it exploded.  I'm on the rutgers waitist, yet don't expect to get off of it.  i'm happy with Widener DE and looking foward to it.  I think i'm going to be one of the babies i'll be 22 when orientation starts and 23 when classes start.  (orientation is my celebration) I went to Temple graduated in May 06.  I'll be living in the dorms too, the drive from Northeast Philly to Wilmington is too much for me.  Did anyone here about all the stuff that happened in the projects in wilimingon today.  kinda crazy.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2006, 12:32:17 AM »
No, what happened?

militancy22

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2006, 06:10:01 AM »
Yeah, what did happen, damien?

I too will have a birthday around orientation and when classes start...I am 24, going on 25. 

I don't know that you will be the baby but out of the two schools I was serious about (Widener and Duq), Widener does seem to have the more diverse group in terms of age.  Put it this way, I felt extremely old among Duq entering students. 

I also want to let everyone know about a book that I found to have good information about Widener (and other law schools).  I don't know if it's common knowledge but at any Barnes and Noble you can get a book in the college section called Vault Guide to Law Schools (or something like that).  It's pretty good because it describes the school in other terms than LSAT scores and average GPAs, etc...it tell you more about the liveability of the campus, the fellow students, from the perspective of current students and alumni.  I defintely wouldn't buy the book at this stage of the game but if you are ever in the bookstore and want some quick reading, it is informative.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »
Wilmington has high rise housing projects and one of the flooding and one of them caught fire at the same time, these two were cross city, but now all the residents are displaced into a shelter.  It's rare we get any news from wilmington in philly but i thought this was interesting.

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2006, 09:31:33 PM »
hi everyone, i kinda stopped watching this board and it exploded.  I'm on the rutgers waitist, yet don't expect to get off of it.  i'm happy with Widener DE and looking foward to it.  I think i'm going to be one of the babies i'll be 22 when orientation starts and 23 when classes start.  (orientation is my celebration) I went to Temple graduated in May 06.  I'll be living in the dorms too, the drive from Northeast Philly to Wilmington is too much for me.  Did anyone here about all the stuff that happened in the projects in wilimingon today.  kinda crazy.

Got you beat by one year. I'll be 21 when we start orientation, my birthday is August 24th and then I'll be 22.  Kinda crappy we are starting during our birthdays, but I'm sure we'll get over it.  I'm also going to be dorming, I'm from Jersey.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2006, 11:18:18 PM »
Well i'm definatly going to the bar the last night of orientation, aug 18, my birthday is the following day and i want to see the wilmington night life so i'll be out that night for sure if anyone else wants to come out.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2006, 01:34:06 AM »
I'm definitely the old fart of the crew->32, 33 immediately following finals.  Happy B-day to me!

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2006, 10:00:31 AM »
DAMN you are old!!!!! j/k the older students i'm assuming do better than the younger because of their "real world experience" they, unlink me haven't spent the last 18 consecutive years in a classroom and done more than sold computers and drove beer trucks for work. 

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2006, 12:03:29 PM »
d**mn you are old!!!!! j/k the older students i'm assuming do better than the younger because of their "real world experience" they, unlink me haven't spent the last 18 consecutive years in a classroom and done more than sold computers and drove beer trucks for work. 

driving beer trucks?!?!?  Where do I sign up for that job?

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2006, 03:11:04 PM »
Anyone in the area today should go by Opera Delaware's "Rent Party 4" downtown today.  Its $30 at the door, and includes food and beer from all of Wilmington's best restaurants, live music, and a great chance to mingle.  Anyone who wants more info should check out the flyer on the website: www.operade.org/rentpartyemail.html  Hope to see some of you there!