Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 27923 times)

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 05:42:58 PM »
Has anyone seen the rooms?  Are they any good?

The dorms are friggin closets, but I imagine the atmosphere would be conducive to studying.  I would sincerely look into the off campus apartments, and look for roomates who will be 1L's as well, which would be a better situation.  I have my rent covered for next year in a townhouse downtown Wilmington, so I may be biased, but I know if it was a school in another suburban location like Widener, which I could not commute to, I would not be living in the dorms.

I plan on moving into an off campus apartment or town house of some sort after my first year since I agree it is the better option (kitchen, love to cook my own food).  However, living in the dorms the first year will help with meeting people that I would like to do that with, which is why I'm currently taking the dorm option.  How far would you say your appartment is to the campus, walkable?  Do you know if there are any apartments that are walkable from the campus?  I am one of the few car-less humans out there. 

I sold my car as soon as I moved downtown.  I will be taking the bus every day, and its about a 20-30 minute ride where I'll be able to do reading etc...  Anyone commuting, I would suggest looking into anything south of Widener in terms of apartments, as you will be going against the flow of rush hour each way. 

I began looking at Wilmington's bus system, DART, since this will be very crucial to me if I need to get anywhere.  I'm guessing you board at Brandywine Town Center and get off at Concord Pike/Silverside Rd? 

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 12:43:08 PM »

The dorms are friggin closets, but I imagine the atmosphere would be conducive to studying.  I would sincerely look into the off campus apartments, and look for roomates who will be 1L's as well, which would be a better situation.  I have my rent covered for next year in a townhouse downtown Wilmington, so I may be biased, but I know if it was a school in another suburban location like Widener, which I could not commute to, I would not be living in the dorms.

I plan on moving into an off campus apartment or town house of some sort after my first year since I agree it is the better option (kitchen, love to cook my own food).  However, living in the dorms the first year will help with meeting people that I would like to do that with, which is why I'm currently taking the dorm option.  How far would you say your appartment is to the campus, walkable?  Do you know if there are any apartments that are walkable from the campus?  I am one of the few car-less humans out there. 

I sold my car as soon as I moved downtown.  I will be taking the bus every day, and its about a 20-30 minute ride where I'll be able to do reading etc...  Anyone commuting, I would suggest looking into anything south of Widener in terms of apartments, as you will be going against the flow of rush hour each way. 

I began looking at Wilmington's bus system, DART, since this will be very crucial to me if I need to get anywhere.  I'm guessing you board at Brandywine Town Center and get off at Concord Pike/Silverside Rd? 

Actually the bus system has alot more stops then it lists on the website.  For me, I will be taking the #2 bus from W.14th St. across from the hospital, and then getting off right in front of the Shipley hall dorms before the Concord Mall stop.  Brandywine town center and the Silverside Road stops are at the two separate ends, you might have been looking at the #35 bus.  Let me know where you would be coming from, and i will tell you the best route to take.  @#!* gas prices, I'm going to be spending about $25 bucks a month on the bus

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 03:13:39 PM »

Actually the bus system has alot more stops then it lists on the website.  For me, I will be taking the #2 bus from W.14th St. across from the hospital, and then getting off right in front of the Shipley hall dorms before the Concord Mall stop.  Brandywine town center and the Silverside Road stops are at the two separate ends, you might have been looking at the #35 bus.  Let me know where you would be coming from, and i will tell you the best route to take.  f**ck gas prices, I'm going to be spending about $25 bucks a month on the bus

Thanks, but I wasn't really trying to get any where yet I just wanted to see if I was able to read and determine their schedule and routes correctly.  I will probably have more luck with some sort of pamphlet or schedule on paper once I move to Delaware since as you stated there are more bus stops and their online site is kind of confusing to me, but that could be because I do not know the area at all yet.  $25/month is awesome, definatley much better then paying car insurance, lease, and gas a month.  Once I do move to onto the campus probably my most important places to get to will be a gym and grocery store both of which are close by according to the tour guide I had.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 03:16:25 PM »
HAHHAHAHAHA LOOK at this article today, Geese attacking Widener Students. 
http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060504/NEWS/605040362

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 06:51:37 PM »
This actually happened hear a Wal-Mart in Jersey about three weeks ago.  I saw it on the news and the best part was the people they interviewed that were attacked/chased as they left Wal-Mart didn't even know what the birds were.  I'm pretty sure one called them ducks and another said swans.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 01:57:17 PM »
Okay, to make matters even more confusing now, I just got into Albany.  Has anyone gotten their financial aid info from Widener?  If they can offer me money this is a done deal, but now with Albany as well, even though I want to stay in the area, I would love to go to Albany

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 03:23:36 PM »
I spoke with a lady in Financial Aid and she told me that they won't be sending FA information until end of May/Beginning of June.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 10:01:51 PM »
hey guys.   I just got accepted off of the waitlist to the harrisburg campus.  I am from pittsburgh but am not that familiar with widener.  I was wondering if anyone had a chance if they could give me their opinions of the school adn campus.  I am hoping to get a chance to visit but they only gave me 10 days to send it a deposit.  I am going to try and get an extension.  however, any help you guys could give me would be awesome.  hopefully i will be joining you guys at the harrisburg campus and good luck to the wilmington people. 

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 10:02:20 AM »
hey guys.   I just got accepted off of the waitlist to the harrisburg campus.  I am from pittsburgh but am not that familiar with widener.  I was wondering if anyone had a chance if they could give me their opinions of the school adn campus.  I am hoping to get a chance to visit but they only gave me 10 days to send it a deposit.  I am going to try and get an extension.  however, any help you guys could give me would be awesome.  hopefully i will be joining you guys at the harrisburg campus and good luck to the wilmington people. 

I'm only familiar with the Wilmington Campus, but hopefully there are others here who could give you some advice.  Good luck!

lk1122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »
I received my acceptance letter yesterday and sent in my deposit this morning. Anyone else from around the Philadelphia area? I live in Villanova (not where I went to school) right now. I'm thinking about moving into Philadelphia and commuting on 95, counter rush hour traffic. Any suggestions?