Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2009  (Read 27962 times)

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Class of 2009
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 10:31:31 PM »
I was satisfied with what I saw.  Basically, you get what was stated in the pamphlet.  That being a fridge, microwave, dresser, bed, desk, nightstand, closet, and two bookcases.  The walls are stone, room is carpeted, windows curtained, and I believe the room size is 12 feet by 17 feet.  Air condition and heat are included.   That is beyond good enough for me and I hope to be living in one come Fall since living on campus would be much easier the first year in my opinion. 

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 12:04:30 AM »
I have sent in my deposits to the Delaware school for both a dorm and to attend.  I am just hoping I get into a dorm. It seems as if they will not guarentee a room and have danced around the question when I've inquired about the probability of getting a room.  Oh well, sure it will work out as always.  Anyone else from New Jersey?

Jersey...I'll be commuting from Blackwood every day for 1L.  We'll see after that.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 01:33:23 AM »
phillies on elimidate!
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 07:12:23 AM »
I have sent in my deposits to the Delaware school for both a dorm and to attend.  I am just hoping I get into a dorm. It seems as if they will not guarentee a room and have danced around the question when I've inquired about the probability of getting a room.  Oh well, sure it will work out as always.  Anyone else from New Jersey?

Jersey...I'll be commuting from Blackwood every day for 1L.  We'll see after that.

How long is the drive from Blackwood?  From where I am living right now, New Brunswick, it's about an hour and twenty minutes (no traffic).

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »
Has anyone seen the rooms?  Are they any good?

The dorms are friggin closets, but I imagine the atmosphere would be conducive to studying.  I would sincerely look into the off campus apartments, and look for roomates who will be 1L's as well, which would be a better situation.  I have my rent covered for next year in a townhouse downtown Wilmington, so I may be biased, but I know if it was a school in another suburban location like Widener, which I could not commute to, I would not be living in the dorms.

hotdiggity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
the reason i want to live in the dorms are just that it'll be convienant, no landlords, no bills to pay or checks to write throughout the month and no roommates to get used to.  no traffic on the way to school and i don't have to clean my own bathroom.  so i can just be more lazy then normal. 

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »
the reason i want to live in the dorms are just that it'll be convienant, no landlords, no bills to pay or checks to write throughout the month and no roommates to get used to.  no traffic on the way to school and i don't have to clean my own bathroom.  so i can just be more lazy then normal. 

I guess it all depends on your adaptability.  After my freshman year I moved out of the dorms and lived off campus the remaining time in UG, but I know plenty of people who loved living in the dorms.  I just can't stand the confinement.  I have a 12x20 BR with a balcony overlooking the Brandywine river, walk in closet on the other side of the BR and a personal bathroom, plus the rest of the house.  It allows me to have alot of space for my desk, bed, fridge, TV, and everything else, I can't stand being confined in a small space though.

cchamra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »

The dorms are friggin closets, but I imagine the atmosphere would be conducive to studying.  I would sincerely look into the off campus apartments, and look for roomates who will be 1L's as well, which would be a better situation.  I have my rent covered for next year in a townhouse downtown Wilmington, so I may be biased, but I know if it was a school in another suburban location like Widener, which I could not commute to, I would not be living in the dorms.

I plan on moving into an off campus apartment or town house of some sort after my first year since I agree it is the better option (kitchen, love to cook my own food).  However, living in the dorms the first year will help with meeting people that I would like to do that with, which is why I'm currently taking the dorm option.  How far would you say your appartment is to the campus, walkable?  Do you know if there are any apartments that are walkable from the campus?  I am one of the few car-less humans out there. 

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 02:21:15 PM »

How long is the drive from Blackwood?  From where I am living right now, New Brunswick, it's about an hour and twenty minutes (no traffic).

ABout 30-40 minutes.

Kazzzzzzzzaaam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »

I plan on moving into an off campus apartment or town house of some sort after my first year since I agree it is the better option (kitchen, love to cook my own food).  However, living in the dorms the first year will help with meeting people that I would like to do that with, which is why I'm currently taking the dorm option.  How far would you say your appartment is to the campus, walkable?  Do you know if there are any apartments that are walkable from the campus?  I am one of the few car-less humans out there. 

I sold my car as soon as I moved downtown.  I will be taking the bus every day, and its about a 20-30 minute ride where I'll be able to do reading etc...  Anyone commuting, I would suggest looking into anything south of Widener in terms of apartments, as you will be going against the flow of rush hour each way.