Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Class of 2009?  (Read 43167 times)

teddiursa

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Class of 2009?
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2006, 07:35:50 PM »
Thanks JS~~! :D

Hi Teddi..

The lady on the phone told me it was prorated. =) 

laundromatt

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2006, 10:25:01 AM »
It looks like a lot of the people on this thread are already from California.  Anyone making the move from further away? 

random

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2006, 02:02:26 PM »
Just saw this thread and it makes me miss Hastings already!  I completed my 1L year at Hastings, but I was one of those people Gumby described that shut myself in and studied all the time and now I am on my way to the east coast. 

SteevO- I went to the OC reception law year and would highly recommend it.  I met some other OC ppl going to Hastings who I have remained friends with.  There are also a lot of recent grads and alums there, including a few judges.  It is a nice way to network and people you meet 5there may be useful in your 1L job search.

About the curve- it is a B average (3.0 gpa).  So a B is exactly that- average.  Some prof's give more A's (I have heard they can give 10-33%) but then they also have to give more C's to balance it out.  Other profs give very few As & Cs & lots of Bs.  All my friends came out on the good side of the curve so don't worry about it too much.

Good lcuk!

Got this yesterday, anyone going?

Congratulations on your recent admission to UC Hastings!

Please save the date and plan to attend the Orange County New Student
Welcome Reception on Thursday, July 27 from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at
McCormick & Schmick's (2000 Main Street in Irvine). Academic Shauna
Marshall will be there to welcome you. Meet Hastings alums who can
share their experiences at Hastings.

Your invitation should be in the mail in the next few days.  You can
RSVP by email to alumni@uchastings.edu or in a few days check out the
alumni event calendar at www.uchastings.edu.

Hope to see you on the 27th!

richtay

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »
Anyone want to trade a one bedroom for a two bedroom place in the Tower?
I'm stuck with a two bedroom on the 17th floor and would rather live in a one-bedroom place.  The view, the space and the convenience can't be beat, but I'd rather take a one-bedroom. 

FYI, if you want roommates, they don't all have to be Hastings students.  Only one resident needs to be a Hastings student.  It's their policy to accomodate families.

Anyone interested??  Let me know.

SteeevO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2006, 10:54:26 PM »
Just saw this thread and it makes me miss Hastings already!  I completed my 1L year at Hastings, but I was one of those people Gumby described that shut myself in and studied all the time and now I am on my way to the east coast. 

SteevO- I went to the OC reception law year and would highly recommend it.  I met some other OC ppl going to Hastings who I have remained friends with.  There are also a lot of recent grads and alums there, including a few judges.  It is a nice way to network and people you meet 5there may be useful in your 1L job search.

About the curve- it is a B average (3.0 gpa).  So a B is exactly that- average.  Some prof's give more A's (I have heard they can give 10-33%) but then they also have to give more C's to balance it out.  Other profs give very few As & Cs & lots of Bs.  All my friends came out on the good side of the curve so don't worry about it too much.

Good lcuk!

Thanks for the info and congrats.

OliverWendyHolmes

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »

I cannot make it to this reception, but I'm an alum (2001) and am practicing in Orange County, so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to chat.  I check this site now and then.  ;D

hastings1L

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2006, 07:05:46 PM »
Hello All

Sorry for the delay, these pics may or may not matter as move in days are fast approaching.  In fact, I went by the tower to drop of some paperwork ( why do they need so much info? !?)  a couple days ago and somebody had their U-Haul parked in the front and unloading their stuff!

Anyways enjoy, I think the questions have pretty much been answered, but I guess if they haven't ask me.  Oh and views start at the 8/9th floors.  My veiw sucks!!!!  Also I went to a studio that had a HUGE eat in kitchen.  I mean HUGE and the kitchen was WAAAAY newer than mine is. However; my carpet is a cheap berber while that studios is the afore mention classroom carpet.  I think they just update at different times and do different things so I'm pretty sure it's a luck of the draw.

Living Room-view of front doorkitch on the left

Hallway, bathroom at the end pretty big closet on the left and this hallway is to the right of the above pic

Bathroom

brittyang

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2006, 04:08:45 PM »
Hey all.  Just another Hastings 1L here.  I'll be moving into a 1br on the 11th floor.  And, like many of you, I'm from SoCal as well; heading up from San Diego.  See you soon! 

Thai

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2006, 04:37:36 PM »
Hey, I am also from Southern Cali. I will be on the 8th floor.

See you all when I get there.

Thai

random

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:46 AM »
Law school furniture for sale cheap!  I live close to school and I am selling some Ikea stuff asap.  I have a really big desk- perfect for studying. Also a book shelf, TV stand, comfy chair, maybe some supplements.  Everything is in the light colored wood, except the bookshelf which is white. PM me if interested.