Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Class of 2009?  (Read 43484 times)

hastings1L

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Class of 2009?
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »
They said the library is going to be open spring semester so I am not tripping.  On the site they have drawings now of what the YMCA/retail/housing/parking structure will look like. IT's WAAAAAAAY nice, but I doubt we will get to use it; however, it does make me feel a little more secure in going to hastings. Why you ask, b/c I think it shows they are really interested in taking the next step with the school and making it a comeptitive urban campus like GULC or someplace.  Also, they are rehabing a theater in the tower...all very cool things.  They have drawings of the new library and those are nice too.  They name drop on who built the staircase in the library so I guess that is supposed to be impresive.  Also there will be a new cafe which should be cool for grabing something between classes. 

I am moving in early august too.  I want to be nice and settled before classes start.  I wonder when they will give out the reading assignments, but that should be the furthest thing from my mind.  I can't help wondering about my section and prof. and what not.  I suspect in 6-7 months I will curse myself for doing this.

Off to enjoy the sunshine or something like that 8) ;D :D

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »
Im going to try and move in ASAP which I think is the beginning of August.  Ill be in the area starting in early July though.  I want to get in a good month at one of the Muay Thai gyms they have downtown before classes start, and of course setup the apartment.

The renovation is kind of a pain since its literally closed half of the campus.  I saw the temporary library and it looks fine, pretty much like a standard law library. The Dean of Admissions said they made sure its got everything the 1Ls need. The city law library (or maybe its the county one) is only a couple blocks away too but I didnt get a chance to check it out.

As for the earthquakes I figured at least Id have a sweet view of the city collapsing all around me before I went.

laundromatt

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 12:52:41 PM »
when do they tell you if they have a room for you or not?

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 01:55:25 PM »
when do they tell you if they have a room for you or not?

I got the impression they finalize it in July but I didnt hear that directly from the housing peple so itd probably be worth checking on.

tobiasfunke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 05:52:13 PM »

would anyone happen to know what mobile phone carriers work the best in/around the tower and/or surrounding areas?  i'm changing my phone plan soon, and was wondering what carrier would offer a steady signal in the tower.

also, a mcallister tower rep told me that those who have sent in apps should hear back by as soon as early/mid June.

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 07:05:02 PM »

would anyone happen to know what mobile phone carriers work the best in/around the tower and/or surrounding areas?  i'm changing my phone plan soon, and was wondering what carrier would offer a steady signal in the tower.

My Verizon worked while I was in the tower.

also, a mcallister tower rep told me that those who have sent in apps should hear back by as soon as early/mid June.

Sweet thanks for the info

hastings1L

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Class of 2009!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 02:32:56 PM »
Is anybody going to the housing day/tour on June 9th?  Looks kinda cool, tho I don't really need a tour of SF....what can we possibly do from 930-2?!?!

SteeevO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 05:56:45 AM »
How was Housing Day?

hollypolisci

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 10:35:06 PM »
Now officially a member!  I was at housing day (not becuase I need housing, I've lived here for 11 years) but becuase it was my last chance to meet incoming students, and 2Ls and 3Ls before the semester begins.  I think it was informative, but I wouldn't really advise living in the towers.  There are plenty of other, better neighborhoods in SF with rent that's competetive to the towers.  I have a very big one bedroom in glen park for $1275, one block from the bart station and therefore about 15 minutes commute time from hastings.  I would be very happy to offer up any advice that could help, just ask. 

Is anyone currently admitted a parent?  I'm a single mom with a 2 y old and would love to get in contact with some 1Ls with kids to talk about how they plan on handling things, financial aid issues, etc? 

See you all in August, or maybe sooner!

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 01:56:54 AM »
Hey Holly,
Glad you got in.
PM me, let's talk.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php