Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Class of 2009?  (Read 43341 times)

teddiursa

• View Profile
Re: Hastings Class of 2009?
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2006, 09:30:44 PM »
8th.  blah not so hot about it either.  Yah, I'd assume the higher the better.  I have a friend who is on the 17th- beautiful view but pays a grip considering its just a studio.  At that price, I think I'll cope with my 8th floor. :-*

But anybody know whats the word on the street?

hastings1L

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2006, 01:24:35 AM »
I think the views start about the 8th floor.  I'm going to see if I can get bumped to at least the 10th-there are bound to be people who don't accept their housing offers.  But if I don't I'll look on the bright side-if a fire or the big one happens during 1L I'm at an advantage!  I'm going to check out my apt on wed and I'll report back with all the info about views and the like. Moreover, if you guys have questions I'll ask them so post them before wed.  Also, if any of you guys are in the bay already or will be visiting feel free to call the housing people and ask to check out your apt.  As long as nobody is living in it for the summer you can look at it between 10-4.  Don't you love how I'm a wealth of information ? lol  :D

teddiursa

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2006, 02:08:54 AM »
Thanks hastings1L!  Appreciate it :)  Let us know if your bump goes through!

laundromatt

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 10:38:14 AM »
Moreover, if you guys have questions I'll ask them so post them before wed. 

I think I read somewhere that there are different rates for the studios, but what's the exact breakdown?  I have a studio on the 12th floor at $915, but if that's a lot more than a studio on the lower floors, then I might want to try and switch.  If I can't have one of the top floors (for the view), then I'd prefer one of the lower floors so that I can use the stairs. 

tobiasfunke

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »
when you go on wednesday, if its not too much trouble, do you think you could take photos of what the interior looks like?  i haven't had and probably won't have a chance to see the rooms til i actually move in.  thanks

hastings1L

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2006, 01:04:52 AM »
Pics are a given; as for the price adjustments I'll ask about floors making a difference. I think the determining factors are

1)proximity to the elavators (some apartments are right in front of the elevator which means you probably can hear every drunken party get off the elavator!) 
2) Size
3) special features (extra high ceilings, walk-in closet, ect.)
4) View (not necc. floor although the higher you go I am sure the views are 360)

and those are not in order.  I also know that certain sides are really noisey at night (all of our neighboors who are not as lucky as us to live in actual apartments/homes) so perhaps that makes a difference.  I was told to request any side but east?  I think that was the side, but I know the west side is better for the noise factor. 

We shall see tomorrow...

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2006, 03:46:30 AM »
I came across these while reading a blog of a Hastings 1L.

It's a studio on a lower floor.

If you want to read about her experience at Hastings, here you go

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=sakura108

Oh I know her!
It'll be interesting to read her blog hehe.

Sounds like the girl had waaaaaaaaaay more fun during 1L than I did.  :-[
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »

Oh I know her!

Awesome, my favorite part of her blog:

"I got flat Bs in every class! Yaaaaay ~ I was super worried about not passing classes, so even being in the "no Cs" club makes me happy. Haha! And two of my four grades are midterm scores, so they can still be pushed up this semester. Yaaaay~

Considering how much I missed class, partied, slept, and bitched about problems, this is a great turnout. My, how my standards have declined..."

I admire the fact she spent so much of her time clubbin and grubbin and also that she only made it two weeks before ditching class.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »

Oh I know her!

Awesome, my favorite part of her blog:

"I got flat Bs in every class! Yaaaaay ~ I was super worried about not passing classes, so even being in the "no Cs" club makes me happy. Haha! And two of my four grades are midterm scores, so they can still be pushed up this semester. Yaaaay~

Considering how much I missed class, partied, slept, and bitched about problems, this is a great turnout. My, how my standards have declined..."

I admire the fact she spent so much of her time clubbin and grubbin and also that she only made it two weeks before ditching class.

I'm jealous, honestly.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

SteeevO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2006, 10:11:38 PM »
Hey DB, Is getting strait Bs considered good, bad, or average at Hastings?