Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hastings Class of 2009?  (Read 43729 times)

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hastings Class of 2009?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »
Hey everyone!

I spoke with Cheryl (Tower Management) a few months back regarding my application (making sure she received it) and she said that they go by the order received. (I sent it in Jan, 6th and I was 5th, Yippee!)

So far I haven't received anything from the Tower, but from some of the paperwork given to me on admit day I read that we'll receive notice in July. Let's hope the June rumors are right though.

PS. If someone wants to Email her regarding the notices from the Tower, here's her address svendsen(AT)email.uchastings.edu (change the (AT) to @) I'd do it, but I've emailed her too many times already..

-Steve

I talked with her at Housing Day and she said shell mail out letters with your housing status by the end of the month, she did say that she was still working on assigning rooms and that move in dates vary anywhere from immediately to shortly before class starts (yikes).

tobiasfunke

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 12:47:44 PM »
(hastings1L thanks for your great review. i am browsing large rugs online as we speak!)

credo, what specifically do you mean by 'move in dates'?  do different people get different windows of time during which to move in?  i hope i dont get a crap time!

laundromatt

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »
my pleasure landromatt.  Yea I felt really disappointed with the bathrooms, but i think when yo usee them nicely furnished you  can kinda relax a bit which seems to be the case with both of us. 

On to a new topic; when do you think we'll get our section assignments?  I hear there is a method to assigning them...

The method?  What happens is, on the first day of orientation, they line you up, and put this big black hat on your head.  The hat yells out which section you'll be in. 

Oh wait, that's another school. 

In all seriousness though, I think LEOP students make up one section, and the other sections are filled through a process so that it's well-rounded and diverse. 

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 12:13:23 AM »
my pleasure landromatt.  Yea I felt really disappointed with the bathrooms, but i think when yo usee them nicely furnished you  can kinda relax a bit which seems to be the case with both of us. 

On to a new topic; when do you think we'll get our section assignments?  I hear there is a method to assigning them...

The method?  What happens is, on the first day of orientation, they line you up, and put this big black hat on your head.  The hat yells out which section you'll be in. 

In all seriousness though, I think LEOP students make up one section, and the other sections are filled through a process so that it's well-rounded and diverse. 

Well I happen to know a little about this ... and you're mistaken laundromatt.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

SteeevO

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 12:52:05 AM »

Can the wise dbgirl please enlighten us then?

tobiasfunke

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »
ooh i hope i'm in gryffindor.

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
(hastings1L thanks for your great review. i am browsing large rugs online as we speak!)

credo, what specifically do you mean by 'move in dates'?  do different people get different windows of time during which to move in?  i hope i dont get a crap time!

Yeah due to the fact there are only a couple elevators they stagger everyones move in dates.

credo_pirata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 12:49:28 PM »
ooh i hope i'm in gryffindor.

You and me both my friend

tobiasfunke

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »
fyi

the hastings newadmit website posted the following in their housing section:

"For the Academic school year, 2006-2007, all apartments at McAllister Tower have been assigned and the wait list is filled.  The Tower will no longer to be accepting applications.  Consult the Off Campus Housing Guide for additional resources."

laundromatt

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

which part(s)?  no black hat?

and thanks to tobias for the heads-up.  i called and found out i got my room in the tower.