Law School Discussion

Best Lawyer Movie

Erapitt

• View Profile
Re: Best Lawyer Movie
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2005, 08:56:48 AM »
I am reading A Civil Action right now.  It is a GREAT motivator :).

JackInTheBox

• Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie Shakes Make Me In The Box
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2005, 09:44:11 AM »
It has a sad ending.  But it is a great motivator; I have to say, even with the sad ending, it is much more encouraging than this board.

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2005, 11:12:09 AM »
A Civil Action.  I have not seen the movie(starring Travolta), but the book is great (it is required reading in some 1L programs actually).

That was a good movie.  I should rewatch it; I haven't seen it since it was in theaters.

St. Shaun

• Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2005, 11:19:37 AM »
A Civil Action.  I have not seen the movie(starring Travolta), but the book is great (it is required reading in some 1L programs actually).

That was a good movie.  I should rewatch it; I haven't seen it since it was in theaters.

Civil Action, Loved the book, hated the movie.  That's true of all the Grisham movies that I watched after reading the book as well.
I have loved all the Grisham movies that I saw without reading the book though.

JackInTheBox

• Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie Shakes Make Me In The Box
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2005, 06:10:53 PM »
This site(under the "books" section on the left side) recommends a movie called The Paper Chase or Paper Trail or something like that...supposed to be the best/most realistic movie about law school.

DreaNM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2005, 10:51:29 AM »
A Few Good Men always reaffirms my wishes to become a lawyer. Other greats are the Rainmaker and A Civil Action.

My Spader favorites:
Storyville
True Colors

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2005, 10:54:06 AM »
You are th third person I have heard profess a Spader fascination.  I don't get it.  What is the big deal?

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2005, 11:37:26 AM »
Yo, Angela.

I think if law school doesn't work out I'm going to do a cultural theory MA/PHD w/a focus on the sexual repression and anxiety of influence  that the Tony/Angela dynamic imposed on Jonathan's budding sexuality. in the later of season's on the show.

Or not. :)

I like to think that I influenced this decision, as I introduced Tony to this thread... I expect a shout out in the ensuing publication...

Conisder it done. Cultural theory is pretty hot  right now.Maybe I'm wasting my time w/all this lawyer crap. I could be a Who's the Boss scholar instead.  ;D

DreaNM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »
You are th third person I have heard profess a Spader fascination.  I don't get it.  What is the big deal?

Loved him when I was a young girl (in Less than Zero, strangely). It boils down to one thing: the voice. Was thrilled to have him starring in a tv show with Boston Legal- just reaffirmed my crush!