Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gilbert vs. E&E  (Read 2461 times)

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Gilbert vs. E&E
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 05:54:16 PM »
Glannon (E&E) is essential for Civ Pro.

i just applied for a research assistant position with glannon for the summer.

evergreatful

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 08:13:40 PM »
Thanks for the tips everybody. I have a few months to go yet but I'm trying to prepare all I can now...

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »
I don't know if other people recommend this, but I also highly recommend getting whatever hornbook or study aid your professor recommends. Your professor will usually be on the same "wavelength" as the author (i.e. he will have the same view of the law). I found that I had problems a lot this year when commercial outlines, class notes, etc. conflicted and I didn't know what the hell to do. I ended up buying the hornbook my prof recommended and realized that he pretty much teaches straight from the book.

I also ended up buying a hornbook that was written by the author of my Property casebook and one that was written by the Con Law casebook. These are great because they are pretty much keyed to your course, and your professor will generally agree with these as well. Commercial outlines and the E&E's are generally very good, but it can be really annoying when you get conflicting views on a topic (e.g. the parol evidence rule and interpretation) and you don't know which one to go with in your outline, especially when your professor is fairly unclear in class so you can't usually use his/her class notes for help.

wardwilliams

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 12:50:24 AM »
anyone know what the latest ed. of gilbert property is and who is the author?  Is it Dunkenmeiler?

Also, what is the Conlaw supplement by Chemerinsky?  Is it an outline?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 08:02:08 AM »
The Chemerinsky book is a hornbook.  Best thing ever.

xferlawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 09:45:03 AM »
anyone know what the latest ed. of gilbert property is and who is the author?  Is it Dunkenmeiler?

Also, what is the Conlaw supplement by Chemerinsky?  Is it an outline?

http://www.amazon.com/Constitutional-Law-Principles-Policies-Introduction/dp/073555787X

dandlewood

• AOL Instant Messenger - bmojob
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 02:01:40 PM »
I like the glannon multiple choice books. They're super helpful for grasping what you don't know and where you're making the mistakes in your thinking.
Made: St Thomas, Florida Coastal
Kiss of Death:Miami, American, Rutgers, Villanova
Paying back the Loan Shark:
Pending: Nova, Widener, Temple, Florida State, Howard, Drexel, Dusquesne, Penn State