Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: attending  (Read 7214 times)

denk

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - music_art_pdx
    • View Profile
    • My Pre-law blog
Re: attending
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 04:26:28 AM »
I love it at L&C so far, but it's the only school I applied to so it's tough to say how it compares to other law schools.

Wow, that's something else.  You're pretty brave, only applying to one school!  Are you from Portland?

Also - how would you describe the student body;  Politically active?  SE hippy activist types?  NW conservative preppies?  Varied backgrounds?  Interests outside of school?

Like I said, I live in NE Portland because I really like the variety.  I was thinking of going to Univ of SD but heard that the student body is very homogenous - white, young, relatively inexperienced, somewhat conservative.

Thanks so much!

phosita

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 12:10:09 PM »
I love it at L&C so far, but it's the only school I applied to so it's tough to say how it compares to other law schools.

Wow, that's something else.  You're pretty brave, only applying to one school!  Are you from Portland?

Yep, I live/work in Portland. I didn't want to move so L&C was the only school that made sense. I wasn't too worried about not getting in and I figured if I didn't get in I could re-evaluate my plan the next year.

Also - how would you describe the student body;  Politically active?  SE hippy activist types?  NW conservative preppies?  Varied backgrounds?  Interests outside of school?

Definitly politically/socially active. I wouldn't say hippie but definitly not conservative. Overall a left leaning campus.

Like I said, I live in NE Portland because I really like the variety.  I was thinking of going to Univ of SD but heard that the student body is very homogenous - white, young, relatively inexperienced, somewhat conservative.

Thanks so much!

Having never been to South Dakota and knowing nothing about the University it's tough to say, but if you like Portland you'll like Lewis and Clark (imo).

PS - there's also tons of free pizza and beer, especially if you're going to be a day student. ;)

denk

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - music_art_pdx
    • View Profile
    • My Pre-law blog
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 09:21:26 PM »
Having never been to South Dakota...

University of San Diego.   :)