Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question for any part-timers...is this crazy?  (Read 428 times)

evergreatful

• View Profile
Question for any part-timers...is this crazy?
« on: April 30, 2006, 09:19:45 AM »
Ok so I have a quick question for any PT students on here. I was recently accepted into New England School of Law's part-time program. I am from the greater Hartford/Middletown Connecticut area which is about 2 hours from Boston. Would it be stupid to just stay in CT and take the Amtrak to Boston 3 days a week for classes? Or do you think this will get old after 4 years? How long is the commute for some of you PT's. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!!

Also if there are any NESL students on here do they have a part to full option???

sdlaw

• View Profile
Re: Question for any part-timers...is this crazy?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:29:38 AM »
most schools allow pt to transfer to ft.  I am from So Cal so I know long commutes but that is one hell of a commute.  If you can use the time on the train though to study then it seems reasonable, but I think I would be inclined to not go to class with that type of a commute.  If you can get yourself to class and use the time on the train to study then I say go for it.  Plus if you get burned out after a year you can always move closer.

evergreatful

• View Profile
Re: Question for any part-timers...is this crazy?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 10:55:04 AM »
Thanks SD. That's what I'm starting to think. Try it for the first semester or 2 and take it from there...