Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can I transfer if my law school does not give a class rank?  (Read 727 times)

Evolve

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ekleveland@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Kapuda
    • View Profile
    • Email
Can I transfer if my law school does not give a class rank?
« on: April 29, 2006, 05:22:09 PM »
Sorry for invading the law student board as a lowly prelaw student, but I had a question that needed some law student help. I'm trying to decide between several schools regarding where I'll attend next year. I'm leaning heavily towards Rutgers at this point, but its my understanding that they do not rank their students and instead just assign grades. Now, I am not going to go anywhere with the plan to transfer elsewhere and am more than aware of the folly in that kind of thinking. However, the ability to transfer if I don't like a place or if I do exceptionally well is an option I want to keep open. That being said, would going to Rutgers (or any other school with a non-ranking policy) hinder that ability or would the grades received instead substitute for the rank in some manner?

beefeater

• View Profile
Re: Can I transfer if my law school does not give a class rank?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:06:21 PM »
I was accepted as a transfer to Georgetown from a school that doesn't rank.  Just make sure the school you are trying to transfer to knows the curve at your current school and they will be able to figure out how you compare to your classmates.