Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Finals  (Read 3173 times)

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Finals
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »
Nope.  No easements. No covenants.  (and me and many of my classmates wasted time figuring them out and memorizing them)

It was adverse possession, landlord tenant/joint tenants, and future interets.

We had heard that his exams were borderline "unfair" but I don't think anyone expected this.  Oh well.  It's over and done, and I have 3 more to go. :-\

Wow, interesting.

Well, it could have been worse: your exam could have been like the one that was given at Duke, where the only question on the final exam was (assuming this anecdotal story is true), "The words 'if not, then' in the context of the Rule Against Perpetuities. What do you have to say about that?"

haha

inthesun

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 02:11:01 PM »
Nope.  No easements. No covenants.  (and me and many of my classmates wasted time figuring them out and memorizing them)

We had heard that his exams were borderline "unfair" but I don't think anyone expected this.  Oh well.  It's over and done, and I have 3 more to go. :-\

Wow, interesting.

Well, it could have been worse: your exam could have been like the one that was given at Duke, where the only question on the final exam was (assuming this anecdotal story is true), "The words 'if not, then' in the context of the Rule Against Perpetuities. What do you think about that?"

haha

That sounds like my property professor!  Lol, can't wait for that final.

I have a question...has anyone used CALI to prepare for exams?  What do you think about it?  I've had to do CALI lessons for class, but I never considered using CALI for exam prep until today.

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »
CALI (at least for contracts) has a tendency to confuse more than help because it gets too bogged down it details.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 03:51:44 PM »

What topics did your prof exclude?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »
First in time, first capture, finders rights in general, marital estates, anything and everyone on easements and covenants (we spent a month on these two things alone), nuisance, eminent domain and regulatory takings, and everything we did on zoning (which was quite a bit)

I could have missed the first 3 weeks of class, and stopped going and doing the reading after the first or second week of march.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 11:46:17 PM »
First in time, first capture, finders rights in general, marital estates, anything and everyone on easements and covenants (we spent a month on these two things alone), nuisance, eminent domain and regulatory takings, and everything we did on zoning (which was quite a bit)

I could have missed the first 3 weeks of class, and stopped going and doing the reading after the first or second week of march.

that's weird. i may ask you about this later when i have more time.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2006, 08:09:27 PM »
My Property II exam is tomorrow, and thankfully it won't be difficult because it's open-book and it's only a 2-credit course, meaning we did not learn a huge amount of material (we completely skipped zoning, for example).  All of the topics you mentioned you had learned this semester, I learned last semester (first-in-time, finders' rights, RAP, marital interests, etc.).  This semester I'll be tested on easements, covenants, the deed, recording system and recording statutes, the sales contract, warranty of quality, and the mortgage).  Then 3 days later, Civ Pro II (open-book or not, that exam will be difficult).

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2006, 08:41:32 PM »
damn. my property final is on wednesday and its FIVE credits. we have to know so much stuff its insane.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 12:26:38 AM »
Up until this year at my school, Property II (Property I was last semester, worth 3 credits) was a 3-credit course.  Now, Property II is only worth 2 credits.  The reason for the change is that the school wanted to make Con Law II, a 3-credit course, a requirement whereas before it was only an elective.  In other words, the school administrators, in their infinite wisdom, decided that some courses were less important than others, and changed the number of credit hours accordingly.  Thankfully, my class isn't required to take Con Law II, only the 1L's and future classes have to suffer through another course in Con Law.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2006, 07:15:12 AM »
I WISH Conlaw was an elective at my school.  I have that exam on Wednesday, and I don't even want to think about it.