Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted student 2006  (Read 3736 times)

bobbykurva

• View Profile
Accepted student 2006
« on: April 25, 2006, 11:41:49 AM »
I'll be attending this fall. I wanted to see if there's any other LSD'ers out there planning on attending. Did anyone go to WNEC's open house?

I'd also appreciate any current student's insights.

Western_MA_Law

• View Profile
Re: Accepted student 2006
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 03:44:21 PM »
The school as a good atmosphere and some excellent professors.  The curve in your 1L classes will suck though as it is between a 78-82 and you need to keep a 70 overall to stay in school (not really that hard IMO).  Good luck this fall.

Your friendly 3L

marsbitches

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:55:37 PM »
probably a little late for you, but i had a great experience and most of my professors went way the hell out of the way to answer my questions. bad news: they're remodeling for the next two years (sadly, probably to increase USNWR rank). so, tuition is higher and it will be noisy. tho it will probably work in the insipid world of rankings and your degree will be more valuable. another huge downfall: springfield, MA. what a f**king hole. don't live downtown if you go. live in 16 acres or eastlongmeadow. ok, the good part: the profs (most of them) really give a crap about you learning something. if you want professors that went to top schools, go to the wnec website under faculty. they have them. the facilities are fine and about to get better. class sizes are small. i met a lot of great people there and many to study with. yah, all the schools are competitive and even a T4 has more blindly arrogants f**ks than reasonable. hell, if you don't like it, do well and transfer out. i did (even though i would have been more than happy to get my degree there). good luck

marsbitches

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:09:55 PM »
oh, and about the low curve... make it work to your advantage. study harder, you'll do better, get a better job, nicer car, hotter, more shallow wife/husband/life partner. ok, slight sarcasm. look, who the f- cares about a low curve. class rank is all that matters in that respect, not that your transcript says 89 when everyone else's does too

bobbykurva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 12:46:45 PM »
marsbitches,

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate your candid outlook on the school and atmosphere. I gotta say I'm really excited to attend WNEC.

Thank!