Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UDM fall 2006???  (Read 42453 times)

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
UDM fall 2006???
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »
anyone considering going?  It seems like everyone complains about the facilities and location of the school.  I don't know much about it, but am looking into it as much as possible.  any information from current students or anyone considering the school would be appreciated, because I have to make a choice about seat deposits.  Thanks

lexinash

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UDM fall 2006???
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »
Hello!  I just received my acceptance letter today and I'm also considering.  Let me know if you get any info, and I'll do the same!  If I do decide to go, my aunt's stepdaughter lives in the Detroit area, so can try and help steer you in a decent (and safe!) area! 

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:25:18 PM »
yeah that is one of the things I am looking at now, trying to find the best and most safe area to live.  I plan on living in the suburbs and driving into class.  I am still waiting for about 4 more decisions, but I like what I have heard so far from UDM.  Keep me posted and I will do the same with ya

lexinash

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 11:49:09 PM »
Did you see this link??

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,57982.msg1192966.html#msg1192966

I thought there was a lot of good (and promising) info in it. 

You may have done this already, but I put UDM in the search engine on LSD site, and have been searching through the different postings related to the school.  Most of the postings are promising. 

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 08:54:49 AM »
thanks lexinash, I just jumped onto that thread there was a bunch of good info there.  I think if I attend detroit, then I will definitly be living in the suburbs, seems like the best idea for me. 

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »
anyone planning on going to the admitted students day on may 18th?  I am pretty sure i will be there

angc2383

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »
any more info on UDM and the best areas to live? im looking for a place to sublet this summer.

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 09:22:48 PM »
nothing so far, I have never been to detroit, but i am planning on living in the suburbs.  I heard royal oak was pretty nice and I forget the other areas people said?  do you want to live downtown our outside of town?

angc2383

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »
nothing so far, I have never been to detroit, but i am planning on living in the suburbs.  I heard royal oak was pretty nice and I forget the other areas people said?  do you want to live downtown our outside of town?

hi corbabe, are u the same corbabe on lsn? right now im looking at a place in royal oak, it's about a 20 min drive to the school, im not too excited about having to drive to class everyday.  any idea what the traffic is like there? i've never been to detroit either.  any idea on the safety at night? like if we were to walk to the our car at night either coming from the school or the library?

corbabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 09:19:11 AM »
from what I have heard you don't have to worry while you are on campus at all.  I heard that there are a few bums and stuff like that, but you have that in all big cities, even Pittsburgh where I live.  I am planning on living in the suburbs too.  It seems like the safest alternative.  Not to mention, it will probably save alittle on rent and other costs.