Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TAP Program Anyone?  (Read 2063 times)

ajiddy

TAP Program Anyone?
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:42:08 PM »
Is anyone going to the tap program at Widener?  Or does anyone have any sufficient information about it besides what they tell you on the website?

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: TAP Program Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »
I am not at Widener, but will apply for 2007 school year.  If you don't mind me asking, what score on the LSAT is needed for this program?  My GPA is really up there for undergraduate and graduate degrees.  The LSAT will be a challenge, as I do not do well with standardized tests.  My practice scores are approximately in the 145 range.  Any insight?

Thanks!
Christie

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:37:30 PM »
don't be fooled by the TAP program. The school accepts about 30-40 students into the program, but only only allows about 10 to matriculate in the fall.

Most of the students who go through TAP are ahead of the regular class when they start classes. However, after about 3 weeks, everyone catches up and the TAP students usually end up in the bottom half of the class.

Think long and hard before you invest your money.

ajiddy

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 02:36:12 AM »
Thats weird theres 72 in my class and usually about 1/3 get in and everyone that i have spoken to that is actually in the school and taking summer classes says that the TAP Program students have a huge edge.  The past valedictorian went through tap. Good day

HandsBurdenTest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 02:10:09 PM »
I didnt go through tap, but number 1 in my class did go through the program.  However, the majority of the TAP students are far from that, and especially by the time second semester rolls around everyone is on even ground if not by the end of the first semester.  In terms of an actual edge, I would not count on one if you were a TAP student, just work hard and continue to work hard if you get in. 

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 08:26:25 PM »
Thats weird theres 72 in my class and usually about 1/3 get in and everyone that i have spoken to that is actually in the school and taking summer classes says that the TAP Program students have a huge edge.  The past valedictorian went through tap. Good day

Two years ago, TAP had 35 go in and only 12 matriculated. Out of those 12, I think there are 2 or 3 left in my class. But, I'm just a 3L, so what the hell do I know?

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:45:35 PM »
Look, maybe I'm coming off as a prick, I have just been annoyed by stupid people on this board lately. All I was trying to say was that (1) TAP is not an automatic admit, (2) those who do get in DO have an advantage during the first few weeks, (3) that advantage usually slips away by test time, (4)BY AND LARGE, TAP students don't end up being the cream of the crop in each class (as with everything in the law, there are exceptions to the general rule)

Just understand these things before jumping into the time and financial committment of law school. That's all I am saying . . . . good luck.

P.S. Be nice to me because you never know, I could end up being your academic mentor (its a type of tutor program open to all students) during first year . . . . .