Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: barbri v. pmbr  (Read 446 times)

kortronovitch

• View Profile
barbri v. pmbr
« on: April 19, 2006, 01:03:59 PM »
I'm a 1L and being coaxed to sign up for bar review classes.  Which is better, BarBri or PMBR.  Or should I take both?  Or is that a waste of money?  Is it a Pepsi vs Coke sort of deal?  Thanks for the help

antwan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: barbri v. pmbr
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »
barbri is much more expensive from what i understand...but it definetly makes you pass the bar. If you have very good study skills and discipline i would reccommend pmbr and saving the 2k

silvercannonca

• View Profile
Re: barbri v. pmbr
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:03:42 PM »
Neither.  don't spend your money on it now.  The cost won't change that much from now to when you are done, then you will know which is your preference.  I think barbri stinks and it's to their advantage if you fail .... if you fail the bar, you can take more barbri classes for several hundred more dollars. I think Micromash is great.  If you fail after using Micromash, which sets clear, obtainable goals, you get your money back or an additional course free, your choice.   But we all study differently so keep your money in your pocket until you are ready to take the bar. The junk you get in advance is NOT helpful during law school