Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kicked out of Law school because of bad grades... Can people start over?  (Read 4970 times)

jd2b06

• View Profile
Ever heard of anyone doing this?  Can you start over at another law school if this happens?

Leaf2001br

• Sr. Citizen
  • My two cents.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Leaf2001br
    • View Profile
    • Isaac Online
    • Email
Why would you want to?  Why would it be any different?  It's fairly difficult to fail out of law school and it takes two semesters to do it.  I would think it's not too late to salvage another career choice.  Anyone who was admitted to law school is probably reasonably capable, but perhaps law was a bad choice.  There are plenty of other opportunities out there.  I would try to turn it into something positive, leave, and not look back.  I just don't see the point in transferring and praying for a miraculous recovery if it didn't hold your interest for the first two semesters.
"What is Legal?  What is Illegal?  What is 'Barely Legal'?"  - Ali G

tenth8sphere

I think it's going to be very, very difficult. If you failed out of a school, that is reported and goes along with the school stats. I think most schools would be very hesitant to touch a student who might pose that risk for them. Additionally, a transfer student has to jump through TONS of hoops to be accepted, including (usually) letters of good standing.

I honestly think you would have a better shot at getting back into your OLD school than a new one, I just don't think anything in the third tier or higher would let you in. If law is your dream, I would get ready to beg and kiss butt at my original school.

jd2b06

• View Profile
Nooo not me kids...  ::) just a question.  But still am curious if someone has successfully done it or not.

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
I think it is basically impossible to be kicked out of lawschool because of grades to start with.  Unless you are literally trying to fail, I don't see how this issue could come up. 

silvercannonca

• View Profile
Yes!  Getting kicked out doesn't mean never again.  I know of a couple people that failed out, told a really good story of how things have changed, then got a second chance at another, low tier school.  one made it through, but that one has now taken the bar 5 times and still hasn't passed.  so YES, you can get a second chance but doesn't mean the result will be much better.

shimra

• View Profile
    • Email
I think it is basically impossible to be kicked out of lawschool because of grades to start with.  Unless you are literally trying to fail, I don't see how this issue could come up. 

Yeah, if your at a Teer two school or better, at least, its basically impossible to fail out unless you really aren't trying at all.  They tend to only admit people who are capable of passing.