Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Patent Law Interview Program  (Read 1128 times)

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Patent Law Interview Program
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 01:46:00 PM »

A registration deadline? I was not aware such a deadline existed now that the test is commercially available through Prometric. Am I wrong?

he was referring to the deadline for the interview program.  there is no deadline for the patent bar, though usually a prometric center in a given city will only offer it once or twice a month.  Once you apply to the USPTO, they will give you a 3 month deadline to take the test when your application is approved.  I had to travel to Gainesville because the last time Tallahassee offered it was two weeks before the end of my deadline, and I needed the extra two weeks.

misterblueskies

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 01:50:47 PM »

A registration deadline? I was not aware such a deadline existed now that the test is commercially available through Prometric. Am I wrong?

he was referring to the deadline for the interview program.  there is no deadline for the patent bar, though usually a prometric center in a given city will only offer it once or twice a month.  Once you apply to the USPTO, they will give you a 3 month deadline to take the test when your application is approved.  I had to travel to Gainesville because the last time Tallahassee offered it was two weeks before the end of my deadline, and I needed the extra two weeks.

Thanks for the clarification. How long did it take for them to approve your application to take the test?

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »
from what I remember, about 2 months.  I wasn't aware of the three month deadline they give, which really put me in a bad spot.  I got my approval at about 4 weeks out from final exams, corresponding with the time that I can do nothing but focus on outlining and preparing.  Then after final exams was Christmas break, and I was out of town for a week.  So, I couldn't start studying until 6 weeks before my deadline.  I signed up to take it on the very last day allowed, and passed thank god.