Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone feel dooped?  (Read 491 times)

RootBrewskies

• View Profile
    • Email
anyone feel dooped?
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:06:11 AM »
does anyone feel like they were fooled by a law school admitted students day/weekend?  like did u choose your school cause you had a good experience at an admitted students day, and now you wish u had made a different choice.  i dont simply mean, do u wish you hadnt come to law school, but rather, do u think you would have had a better experience at another school, or do u think that the way you have been treated at your school has been unrepresentative of the admited students day you attended. 

basically i just want to know, if u guys think the students days are a sign of the times to come in the school, or if they are just a bunch of smoke and mirrors trying to get students to fork over tuition. 

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: anyone feel dooped?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 01:29:25 AM »
I don't have any "real" input as I have not been to any ASDs due to lack of time but I was just wondering if by posting this inquiry you are starting to question you current school choice?? I've only heard you saying great things about your school...did something happen to make you question them?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: anyone feel dooped?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:17:09 AM »
I didn't at all.  I'm not saying Emory was 100% everything they portrayed it to be.  Some things are much better than they made them seem, others aren't as great as admitted students day or tours/visits would lead you to believe on the surface.

I didn't rely on the school's representations though.  I talked to a few students not involved with admissions or selling the school, and with that info, plus the "packaged" info, I feel I was able to get a decent idea of the school.  And that idea has been pretty realistic.

So are you now somewhat dissatisfied with *your* law school?  Or with law school in general??