Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: reality check  (Read 912 times)

Dip827

• View Profile
    • Email
reality check
« on: April 10, 2006, 10:34:40 AM »
ok guys, i'm new to the board and i go to touro law.  a tier 4 school.  what are my chances of leaving this school making a respectable amount.  i've done all the research looking at the average salary (not good).  i am in the top 1/3 of the class.  and want to transfer out.  i know i have to do well this semester to actually have a good shot at some better schools, but right now what schools do you guys think i have a good shot at?

Harvey Birdman - Attorney at Law

• View Profile
Re: reality check
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:54:24 AM »
ok guys, i'm new to the board and i go to touro law.  a tier 4 school.  what are my chances of leaving this school making a respectable amount.  i've done all the research looking at the average salary (not good).  i am in the top 1/3 of the class.  and want to transfer out.  i know i have to do well this semester to actually have a good shot at some better schools, but right now what schools do you guys think i have a good shot at?

Not gonna lie, the options out of Touro are limited, but it is not hopeless. The LI firm I work at has plenty of people from Touro there, and they do pretty well.  As for transferring, I'd say you have a decent shot at a T2.

If you want to stay in NY, send out some apps to Hofstra, SJU, and NYL.  Either of those schools will give you an advantage over Touro as to getting jobs.  Also, consider asking Touro for a scholarship because of your good work.