Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: poor lawyers  (Read 48353 times)

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: poor lawyers
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »
I think this is a troll thread.  There is no way you were GW law review, top of your class, wanted biglaw, and are now making $50K per year lol.

I make more than that now working for the government.

Quit trolling.  Top 10% at Catholic would get you a great job, let alone honors at GW.

OK... I just read through your posts.  You are the same retard that said brought us such insights as "No Yale, No State," and also stated that people get good jobs out of GULC because of mommy and daddy hahahha.  Your entire account exists to irritate people and now that it is known, nobody will pay anymore attention to you troll.

This guy hasn't even started school yet, and he thinks he can tell law students what is what.....

rich dad poor dad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 04:19:26 PM »
;)

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »
I think this is a troll thread.  There is no way you were GW law review, top of your class, wanted biglaw, and are now making $50K per year lol.

I make more than that now working for the government.

Quit trolling.  Top 10% at Catholic would get you a great job, let alone honors at GW.

OK... I just read through your posts.  You are the same retard that said brought us such insights as "No Yale, No State," and also stated that people get good jobs out of GULC because of mommy and daddy hahahha.  Your entire account exists to irritate people and now that it is known, nobody will pay anymore attention to you troll.

This guy hasn't even started school yet, and he thinks he can tell law students what is what.....

Yeah, I'm only a professional in the REAL world that sees how things work.  You are a moron.  I love how you sheltered 23 year olds that have ZERO work experience think you know what is what.  FL, get over yourself.  I have already dealt with your dumba@@
Attending GW in Fall '06

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »
Erapitt, I have never had a full-time summer associate postion, but I have plenty of work experience.  I got paid $1800 for one weeks work this semester, I wrote a trial brief for a firm out of Miami.  I have also done work for another firm, as well as pro bono work for a case that settled for $2 million. 

I have gotten through two years of law school, and passed the patent bar. 

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN HAD YOUR FIRST LAW SCHOOL CLASS!!!  you call everyone on this site names, and act like you know everything.  I can't wait until you get to lawschool. hahaha.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »
how did you prep for the patent bar?

is it difficult?

i will be taking it this summer

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 05:30:23 PM »
Florida... You are the one that got all tough guyish and started calling names.  Its easy to talk trash when you won't be around to see how I do.  Also, I already have a job, likely making more than you will out of law school so keep your "hahahaha" to yourself you loser.

Besides, if I recall, you claim that you aren't going to practice after law school.  Oh.... $1800 for a week.... Don't get all high and mighty as that isn't even market rate hot shot.
Attending GW in Fall '06

lipper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 06:02:29 PM »
wow, as a seasoned professional in the REAL WORLD, Erapitt sure is acting like a child.
check the footnotes ya'll

florida357

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2006, 06:23:47 PM »
$1800/week is on the high side of market rate for a summer associate even in cities like DC and Atlanta, summer associates in medium size cities such as Charlotte or Richmond commonly make 1100-1500.  Shows how much you know.

Anyway, this is lame.  The fact that you don't see anything wrong with what you do is indicative of your character.  You haven't sat through a single law school class, yet you think you are qualified to determine who should and shouldn't be in lawschool, and who chose the wrong school?  You know nothing about lawschool.  You think you can bash everyone who goes to a school ranked below GW, yet you call people who prefer the T14 arrogant?  You are exactly like those people. 

People like you amuse me.  You spend your whole lives convincing yourself that you are better than other people because of your pay check, or your degree, or your school... You register at a law forum and tell seasoned law students that they will be ambulance chasers?  thats lame bro.  when I was in your position, the summer before I started law school, I was listening and learning and taking in everything I could.  You are already talking about why you are better than other people. 

My buddy was an engineer a year younger than me; one of the smartest, most humble, charismatic people I have ever met.  He had a personal tragedy the week before the october LSAT and made a 144.  You show up here and say anyone below 150 shouldn't be able to get a law degree?  What makes you think you are qualified to dictate that?

In the end, I have to thank you.  I drove home today with a smile on my face.  I didn't get mad at a single person who cut me off, or ran a light.  I went to the grocery store and bought some beer, the cashier screwed up and it took like 10 minutes to ring me up.  She said 'sir, I am so sorry' and I said 'no problem, have a great evening.'  Thats because you reminded me what a awful person is like, and I don't want to be anything like you.  You would have sat there for ten minutes and been thinking about how you were better than that 35 year old cashier, maybe even started yelling or asked for a manager.  People like you make the world a worse place, and lead sad, miserable lives. 

Have fun at GW.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2006, 07:41:22 PM »
What planet are you living on?  Market rate in DC, NYC, and other major city is $2400/week and it looks as if it may be going up once the 1st year associate salaries increase this year.

You are oh so wise.  Gimme a break.  I know how it is in the real world and have family and friends in the legal profession.  I work with lawyers on a regular basis and whether you want to admit it or not, ranking does matter in terms of job prospects and when you are looking into tens of thousands of dollars that needs to be addressed.

My life is just fine.  The way I act to jerkoffs such as yourself is in no way indicative of how I am on a daily basis.  I have a wonderful wife, a great job, as well as a family and friends support system that I feel privelaged to have.

I simply don't have time for people like you.  You are a hypocrit.  You spent the entire evening yesterday calling me names and badmouthing me, then you go and comment about how terrible I am for coming back at you.

Is your friend's story supposed to touch me?  Your friend should have not taken the exam if he had other things on his mind, but even though he went through with it, he could always retest and if he scores more than 10 points higher most schools take the higher score.  My comment about those below a 150 related to those that hold onto and do no better than a 150 LSAT and I still hold that belief.  The market IS saturated.  You go to a middle of the road regional school so you are able to find jobs.  That doesn't mean those flooding out of Cooley or Roger Williams can do the same.  Medical school, dental school, doctoral programs.... even chiropractic programs have limits on who may enter and who may not.  Yet, for some unknown reason, people feel it is their right to attend law school.

Your argument is filled with holes and is nothing but a bitter rant.

Oh.... I AM better than you.  It doesn't need to be said.  It is just the way it is  .
Attending GW in Fall '06

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2006, 07:44:16 PM »
tis true

GW is gunnertopia

florida

whast the story on the patent bar - i'm taking it this summer while also working as a judicial intern for a judge

can i realistically prepare for this thing while working also? the CDO told me that the test requires 200 hours of prep time, this strikes me as severe - is it really that hard? please gimme a heads up