Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYC Jobs  (Read 2037 times)

IluvNY37

• View Profile
NYC Jobs
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:27:10 PM »
I am trying to decide where to go to law school and my main concern is employment... so I thought I'd see if any of you could help me. Obviously, since you all are farther down the path to finding a job, you'd know more about this.

I am dead set on working in Manhattan and want to work in a large firm... like the rest of the world, of course. Anyways, I am leaning toward NYLS because of location and a large # of people employed in the city, but am also considering St. John's, Seton Hall, and Rutgers-Newark.

What do you all think about NYLS as compared to these schools, in terms of getting a high-paying job in the city? The most important thing to me is that I work in Manhattan. The second most important thing is that my salary is as high as possible. I already know that Rutgers is better than Seton, but are any of these 3 schools better than NYLS in terms of what I'm looking for???

These are the stats that I have (from Martinadale):
# ppl employed in NYC from...
NYLS--2,389, median salary??? i've heard 95 private, i've also heard 75 and 83
St. John's--2,464, median salary 70 for private
Rutgers--958, median salary 101 for private
Seton--531, median salary 81 for private, also heard 74 and 95 (diff. years)

As you can see, no school takes the pack with both # employed and salary. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks!

breadboy

• View Profile
Re: NYC Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
I'd suggest you post in the prelaw section.

If you want to work for a large firm also might want to go to schools in the Top 14 specifically Harvard, Yale, NYU and Columbia. They feed into larger New York firms more than most others.